For Sale '96' FZJ80 w/factory lockers with engine issues, what's it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was my wifes daily driver until the engine went bad. It will still start, but makes horrible noise.

The body is in great condition and the paint is in pretty good condition too, except for a long scratch on one side and about a 1.5" mark on the hood.

The interior is in good condition with some cracking/wear on the leather seats.

Would like opinions on what a good price starting point would be?

Yes, I seen your $1500 offer when you first sent it.

It might be worth $2000 to someone local to you, the rest of us will have a lot of expense tied up in transportation. If you decide to take on parting it out you might get $2500 after all is said and done, probably get $1700 just for the axles, switch, wiring, and control box. The rest you will spend the next year tripping over in your garage hoping to recoup $50 at a time. I am in a unique situation where I have a spare motor and I think my offer is fair given the info you have disclosed so far, not trying to be a bad guy or low ball you, you asked what it's worth. Your options at this point are to find a motor (I can sell you one) and repair the vehicle, part it out and hope to get your money (but what is your time worth), or save yourself the headache and take the money on the table. Regardless of what you choose, good luck with the sale :beer:

hey interested in more information. have you had a mechanic look at it and diagnose the problem. Hows the interior if its been sitting for three years? and im guessing that the truck is in yakima wa?

hey interested in more information. have you had a mechanic look at it and diagnose the problem. Hows the interior if its been sitting for three years? and im guessing that the truck is in yakima wa?[/QUOTE

I haven't had a mechanic check to truck out and the interior is the same as it was when the issue started. The leather front seats have the usual cracking on the bottom seat area.

I will be getting more pictures soon, as I'm out of town at the moment.

If you do opt for the 'part it out' route, I'd be interested in a few pieces. Possibly antenna if it works (up/down) and the taillights. Maybe interior also if the seats are in pristine or close to pristine shape.

I may be interested...where is it at?

Still out of town, will have pics up soon....

As in Avatar box at the right, truck is located in Yakima, WA

Pics of under vehicle...

Mileage is 194,276.

Small stain in middle of back seat I never seen before and obviously never tried cleaning.
Dash is perfect, rest of truck is in excellent condition considering age.

Rust under vehicle is very minimal, as where I live is a semi-arid desert.

Mileage is 194,276.

Small stain in middle of back seat I never seen before and obviously never tried cleaning.
Dash is perfect, rest of truck is in excellent condition considering age.

Rust under vehicle is very minimal, as where I live is a semi-arid desert.

Have gotten a few good offers, will take offers until Sunday of this week, then it will sell.
Thanks guys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom