craigslist '96 FZJ80 on 38's - Anchorage, Alaska (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want this truck and got the cash for it but the 61 hour (google maps) drive would sort of suck running solo. If this one in the lower 48 out west it would already be sold. Anyone know of an affordable transport company that runs up and down the west coast from AK to CA?

I know we already talked but I figured you might as well get that info on here because most of us are going to ask the same set of questions. So here you go: Head gasket been done? Pics of the undercarriage? Alaska has a way of making a lot of rusted out rigs. Pics to show the amount if any of the rust going on. PHH done? Severe leaks? How do the birfs look? Lockers engage and disengage correctly? How much meat left on the tires? How did you deal with castor correction with that much lift? Extended brake lines? Adjustable panhards? Extended bump stops? Drop brackets for sway bars (if they are even attached)? Confident it will make a road trip down into the lower 48?

If I had the funds, I'd buy it as a 3rd land cruiser and keep it in Alaska for a few years. Fly up, ride, store it, and fly home. Then in a year or two I'd get it over to NWT, do the same thing, then down to BC for a year. Eventually, yea, it would make it to the USA. Same questions except I couldn't care about the PHH, that's a 15 minute job when you have 8" lift.

If I had the funds, I'd buy it as a 3rd land cruiser and keep it in Alaska for a few years. Fly up, ride, store it, and fly home. Then in a year or two I'd get it over to NWT, do the same thing, then down to BC for a year. Eventually, yea, it would make it to the USA. Same questions except I couldn't care about the PHH, that's a 15 minute job when you have 8" lift.
Yep. I don't care much about the PHH either since I've done it twice but I know the usual list of questions and figured I would just get them all out there so he can have all the answers in one place.

Attention @JACOBYWESTERN you out there? Can't PM you since your inbox is full. I found a shipping company that gave me a decent quote on shipping it down to Socal. This may work out.

Last edited:
Inbox cleaned up. Local sale is pending.
If the sell falls through let me know. I tracked down a shipping company and have that all figured out.

Ode to a Cruiser

A five year lease in New York when she was fresh and clean.
A shop owner did a mild build and made her on off-road queen.
A millionaire collector took her home to show her off, but soon forgot about her, too busy playing golf?
So a caring couple bought her, built her more and brought her to Alaska for a trek. She played in her natural environment and knew that she was set.
The couple let me take her home knowing she'd be free to roam.

She was with me for ten years.
She was good to me.
She was good for me.
I took care of her and she took care of me.
Kept me safe while I explored.
Or was it she that showed the way.

View attachment 1274166

FB_IMG_1465783617609.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom