96 FSM same as 94-97? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering which FSM is the closest to a 96 LC? There are choices right now between a 94, 95, 97 FSM. Can't find a 96, Just my luck.

I know that the 94 may have the "big bus tranny", 95 dunno the difference not much, but the 97 has the sway bar connection in the different loction (WOE BIG DEAL).

So which one should I get?

'97.

It's mostly divvied up between pre and post OBD-II. '93, '94, and some early '95's are OBD-I. Late '95's and all '96/'97 were OBD-II.

I use a '97 FSM for both my '96 and '97. So far, I have not found a single difference.

Do you think that the FSM for the 95 will have both the OBD-I electrical layout and the OBD-II?

Does anyone with a 95 FSM have that info?

No. The '95 FSM has the OBD-II info in it as most '95's were OBD-II.

So its safe to say that the 95 FSM would be the same as the 96 FSM? OBD-II? Great news because I just purchased a 95 FSM without knowing that there may be a difference.

Thanks EBAG333 for the info

There will likely be minor differences, but should not be anything major.

The one big gotcha to watch out for is the transmission. According to Slee:

Automatic transmission changes to the A343F. Some 95's were produced with the A442F. The transmission type is printed on the label on the driver door.

Not sure which the '95 FSM addresses. Additionally the '95 FSM may have some carry over from the '94 trucks that makes it less accurate to your '96.

I'd say it's probably going to at least be 95% accurate, just keep in the back of your mind that it might not be 100% accurate and do your homework here on 'MUD. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom