96 Front end damage, Need help sourcing used or new parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this happened. First and last time I let anyone else Drive! "Sorry, I didn't see the Bollard, The Big yellow painted, steel tube filled with Concrete!"

Any Help finding the Grill, the metal accent trim around lights, side marker lights, Front turn signals body-colored metal under the grill.

I have seen sites that sell Headlights new but which brand and distributor do you like and Trust?
These look promising but are they too cheap of quality?
1996 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER CHROME/CLEAR HALO HEADLIGHTS - SPEC-D - (PAIR)

The AC lines behind the bumper were crushed also.
The Radiators are not touched and the cross member holding them in place is not bent

You have an interesting opportunity... if it was a spouse issue, then guilt can allow you do a few things here... Slee to replace the bumper, @kelly saad for the grille and headlight conversion. several people on here for the fender and a/c lines. armored grille and bumper may be just smart for this rig.

@slow95z
@arcteryx

Make sure to check your alignment and lower control arm for being bent also from a hit like that direct on a tire. May have bent the control arm and now the steering wheel points a little wonky.

@slow95z
@arcteryx

Make sure to check your alignment and lower control arm for being bent also from a hit like that direct on a tire. May have bent the control arm and now the steering wheel points a little wonky.

This. I got hit on the same corner, but at highway speed. Was really fun. But I lucked out and mostly body damage, I think the ARB saved me. I ended up having to replace both front control arms, and while there went ahead and installed all new suspension bushings. Put in a new headlight, have a new corner light on the way, a nice white hood and fender on my maroon vehicle as well. My inner fender and radiator support took damage, and so my body doesnt quite line up at the moment, but water doesnt get in anywhere and the hood closes, so it works for now. Not looking forward to replacing the inner fender and radiator support, but considering the hit the truck took I feel lucky.

Check the classified section lots of guy parting 80’s

You have an interesting opportunity... if it was a spouse issue, then guilt can allow you do a few things here... Slee to replace the bumper, @kelly saad for the grille and headlight conversion. several people on here for the fender and a/c lines. armored grille and bumper may be just smart for this rig.
You Know what's ****ed up: I went to Slee in Golden, Co on my 50th birthday, with my wife, she didn't do it BTW (it was a guy they call my son, which I doubt now) to inquire about them going through my suspension set up to let me know what is on the vehicle and any recommendations they might propose. I have had the Truck almost to the day 1 year. I did the axles and brakes and other safety items over the year. This Spring I was going to start with the Suspension tune up and bumpers and sliders.

@MyLoCoLife OH man, You would have financed more had it been your wife! It probably is the time for you to do upgrades if you had any of those on the plans. Having all that stuff off is a great time to run wires (even if you don't need them yet) and other stuff.

www.car-part.com

Search junk yards all over the country, find an LC wrecked in the back or side near you and you will be in business

... Yeah only 1300 for the bumper and another 700 for a bare metal grille..

Why not just buy a used grille for 100 and a bumper people are practically giving away because they upgraded?

You be able to find everything. Go put up a WTB post for the items you need.

First get rid of the black hole covering your license plate. That's bad Carma.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned previously. "That all should buff right out". :flipoff2:

Thanks for your info everyone.
I found a guy in Colorado Springs with almost everything I need and more. This guy has trailers full of fine used oem parts. He cut off the Radiator support and removed the inner fender for me. All in the original Red that I need. The only problem I had was not bringing enough cash or I would have bought more. His prices were exactly fair compared to what I have been seeing online and I got to see it before buying. Headlights, fender, inner fender, 1/2 of the radiator support, Side marker lights, Rear taillights. All in great shape and better than what I had on the truck to start with. I will be making other trips out there for sure.

One thing he didn't have and I am still looking for is the metal piece under the Grill that holds the Turn signals. any help would be great

Yeah that's Oleg with Ibis offroad

Yeah that's Oleg with Ibis offroad
I knew he had to have been known to many on here. I was impressed with him. He was not impressed with me. I didn't know what I needed. I was only going to get the fender & lights and beat out the inner fender. He showed me on the donor truck that the headlight mounting area would never fit right. Instead of only giving me what I asked for he got me what I needed. I really appreciate that.

wow. thanks so much. Google searching is hard... I was calling it the wrong thing. They took my money really quick.:)

wow. thanks so much. Google searching is hard... I was calling it the wrong thing. They took my money really quick.:)
Wow that's alot.

I wasn't exactly recommending you buy it there, more of here is the part name and part number. Haha as I would think a local junk yard might have it for a good bit cheaper.
I will say this. that little piece seems to get a lot a chips from rocks on mine, I have considered putting something a little more durable than paint there that is color matched.

There are also bumpers that eliminate that piece (also not recommending for or against this) like delta VS. if you were going that direction etc.

I am facing almost the same exact repairs to my '97 LC. I've ordered the lights you mentioned since they were about the same price as a stock replacement headlight. If I don't like them I'll sell them and scrounge a used replacement. Might do that anyway just to have a stock set. I went with an Iron Man 4x4 bumper rather than going back to stock.
1996 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER CHROME/CLEAR HALO HEADLIGHTS - SPEC-D - (PAIR)

Just tear that bumper off and put on an aftermarket one. Headlamp can be found on eBay and maybe even amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom