For Sale 96 FJZ80 Locked Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aeF1xXiug7EyRRZD7
Let me know what is a fair price for this guy. I'm moving to Chicago and don't have room for this bad boy. I'm thinking $5000, but if that's unreasonable (too low or too high) let me know and I'm open to something fair.

I put this for a sale a few years ago, but wasn't in a huge hurry. Since then I've driven it every other weekend, but it's definitely aged in that time. A little more rust, a little more cracks in the leather, a little more paint coming off.

The Good:
-205K Miles
-You don't have to worry about the HG, it has been replaced!
-Replaced Catalytic Converter approx 15k miles ago
-Rebuilt Front Axle about 35k miles ago
-New Rotors and Front calipers, within 30k miles ago.
-I believe the AC has become discharged
-TJM Bullbar (this has a rusted spot underneath and the lights have been removed
-Locking Differentials that work with no hesitation
-Replaced Radiator approx 15k miles ago
-Replaced PHH, approx 5k miles ago
-Religiously replaced oil every 3k with that synthetic blend
-Replaced Head Unit (see pics)
-One of the rear o2 sensors were recently replaced, I don't remember which one offhand
-ABS Light on, sensors need to be pulled and cleaned
-MAF sensor clip broken
-#4 Injector clip broken
-the spark plug wires need to be replaced, I've mixed and matched some old ones
-Leather seats cleaned but they are starting to wear
-decent number of pinstripes, the paint doesn't have that same glossy look it had before but overall looks fine
-Koyo Ventures, a bunch of tread left (didn't get many chances to take it offroad)
-2" lift (sitting in a box, not installed)
-Blue castor correction bushings (not installed sitting in a box)
-Extended Breather Tubes
-Resistor Mod for Linear Temp Gauge
-New Spark Plugs 5k ago
-New Disti 5k ago
-Gas fumes from hood area (I didn't have the right wrench and had to extend from the bottom of the engine, couldn't get enough torque)

The maybe: I may still have some of the following but I can't promise it since my garage is now a mess
-New PCV and that other hose that goes to valve cover (in box)
-New Alternator Brushing

The bad?

ABS light is on, this happened to me once before and I had to pull and clean the ABS sensor, was pretty easy not sure if it's the same issue.
The threads on the plastic screw cap for the worm gear that controls the seat adjustment has worn threads so it pops out when you adjust the seat. You'll need to buy new caps or glue them in place if you want to adjust the seat reliably
The handle for the back latch is broken, the plastic and metal part, you'll need to replace this but it seems like a screw or two
You can see the typical surface rust down under
Yes, I've only driven it about 12k miles in 6 years. It became a car that I would drive once every other week on Sunday. I know, a waste of money just sitting in the driveway but I use to be crazy about this vehicle which made it difficult to come to terms about getting rid of it
Birfield (sp?) joints aren't leaking
Antenna is broken
Wipers need to be replaced
There is an exhaust noise, I think either a hole or a mount might be broken
Overall runs great and has been babied. Sad to get rid of it but just don't have time for it in my life anymore :(

Interior looks to be in pretty good condition and the rust isn't too bad yet. With lowish miles, I'd guess you could get in the range of $7,000-$11,000. This one looks a little rougher, but is comparable:

If you’re still interested in selling I may be interested in buying. I’m in Louisville so I’m close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom