96 electric seat motor - banana rating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GXO

GXO
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
gxor.org
I suspect it is 1 or 2, but I have my new truck sitting in Texas with a burnt out motor in the DS. It, of course, is all the way forward. A drive in a seat like that when you are my size (6'4", 240lbs) is not something I can entertain.

I need to swap it out in advance and/or fly in with the part and do the work before I leave.

Anyone know how long this would take and/or have a source for a CHEAP replacement? :)

Doesn't sound too bad...sucks though! :)

And hey! I am allowed to solicit for cheap parts in the guise of a non-searcher anytime I want! :)

are you picking it up from Austin? If you need a place to do the swap and/or some help doing it there's a pretty good group of 80 owners in Austin that I'm sure would be glad to help.

Yeah, I am buying it from Robin so I think I can find help...I just need the part and want to work all the angles :)

I will be in town on the 10th to get it...can't come soon enough!

Don't know if these motors are interchangable (or the seats) but.
I have a set of IS300 seats that I would be willing to part out.
I bought them to put in my 4Runner 2years ago.

do not believe they are...I defer to the shaman.

its a 1-2 bananna job 2 take the seat and the motor out. U can then move the seat 2 whatever position u want and put it back togther. Often the cogs in the motor wear down (they are plastic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom