Wanted 96/97 LX450 - 3x locked (White, Silver, or Black) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Fellow Enthusiasts,

I realize this may be like searching for a needle in a haystack but I'm looking for a white, champagne pearl, or black triple locked LX450 with low miles (sub 200), no rust, and a clean title. I know these command a higher price and I'm willing to travel anywhere in the states for the right one. Any leads or tips on where to look would be greatly appreciated too. I've been skimming fb marketplace, craigslist, and the car gurus/autotraders.

Cheers.

Last edited:
i wish mine wasn't the only color you didn't list (i'm unlocked anyway). But man if you change your mind and like a cashmere unlocked for a decent price in Florida let me know.

i wish mine wasn't the only color you didn't list (i'm unlocked anyway). But man if you change your mind and like a cashmere unlocked for a decent price in Florida let me know.

You've got a gorgeous truck! I like cashmere beige metallic so much I already have a car in that color, so just looking for something different :) GLWTS

Hear that -- just never know what folks can compromise on given the tough buyers' market right now. I've been hunting hard myself for an FZJ80 for 4-5 months and found my requirements have shifted a bit, still searching...good luck in your search

Why the Lexus over the Toyota? Only major difference is auto climate?

Hear that -- just never know what folks can compromise on given the tough buyers' market right now. I've been hunting hard myself for an FZJ80 for 4-5 months and found my requirements have shifted a bit, still searching...good luck in your search
I agree - mine may likely change too. What did you realize you were willing to compromise on?

price, mileage, condition...earlier this year I set out to find a good condition weekend truck with minimal rust and mechanical work needed for around $8K based on sales earlier this year. Now I've raised my budget a bit and also set aside more for initial repairs to find that same truck, also more willing to overlook more cosmetic issues like seat wear. Lockers aren't a concern -- actually would like non triple locked to help on price, I don't need that. Trucks I passed up on in late summer I'd consider pretty seriously now the way the market's moving.

price, mileage, condition...earlier this year I set out to find a good condition weekend truck with minimal rust and mechanical work needed for around $8K based on sales earlier this year. Now I've raised my budget a bit and also set aside more for initial repairs to find that same truck, also more willing to overlook more cosmetic issues like seat wear. Lockers aren't a concern -- actually would like non triple locked to help on price, I don't need that. Trucks I passed up on in late summer I'd consider pretty seriously now the way the market's moving.
Yep, I feel you there. I've forgone my initial budgeting expectations. Good luck with the search! I'm browsing daily so I'd be happy to pass along anything I find. If you're interested, PM me with your criteria.

Yep, I feel you there. I've forgone my initial budgeting expectations. Good luck with the search! I'm browsing daily so I'd be happy to pass along anything I find. If you're interested, PM me with your criteria.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. Will do the same for you.

Fellow Enthusiasts,

I realize this may be like searching for a needle in a haystack but I'm looking for a white, champagne pearl, or black triple locked LX450 with low miles (sub 200), no rust, and a clean title. I know these command a higher price and I'm willing to travel anywhere in the states for the right one. Any leads or tips on where to look would be greatly appreciated too. I've been skimming fb marketplace, craigslist, and the car gurus/autotraders.

Cheers.

I've got a 63k mile 3x locked '97 LX 450. Champagne color. Ultimate baseline complete (Headgasket, rebuild birfs, all new cooling hoses and radiator, etc).

Wow! How long have you had it/where did you find?

It's a California truck first sold in Beverly Hills. I found it in the Bay Area. I've had it for less than a year. I wanted this to be my forever rig and put lots of time and $ to make it go forever with all OEM parts. I ended up buying 2 more 80s. A grey 96 which I'm V8 swapping and using as my daily, and my white '94 which will be my trail rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom