96/97 heavy duty rear drive shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drive Line Services of Sacramento
704 Houston St, West Sacramento, CA 95691
(916) 371-3332

These guys are real pros. They invented the fancy balancing stuff that everyone else uses. About $100 to re-tube your driveshaft and done in a day. 2 days if you want dry paint. Upgrade to thicker tube-I do. They can go to crazy thick tube, but Sac Driveline recommends against it since it won't balance.

I've had too many done there over the years, but they do really nice work.

Back in the days I had a Chevy Blazer.. swapped in 3/4 ton axles on 44s and 12" of lift. I was always ripping up shafts and u-joints. I eventually swapped out the Pinon Yokes to a 1 Ton yoke (larger U-joint) and built a bigger matching shaft.. problem solved... Have you guys thought about upgrading the to Larger Yoke (Say from a Tundra), U joints and matching shaft......

Good luck

Why, the yokes/joints are not the problem, they take a whale of a beating and last a very long time. The problem is the stock tube is muffler tube, retube with something stronger and it's golden.

Why, the yokes/joints are not the problem, they take a whale of a beating and last a very long time. The problem is the stock tube is muffler tube, retube with something stronger and it's golden.
ive been beating the crap out of my factory ujoints with 42's, they have 150k on them and are still going strong. my only problem as been the tubing so i put some 1/4" wall tube inside the factory tube. its probably not the best idea for a daily driver but 2.5" OD tube fits perfectly inside the factory tube.
IMAG0659.jpg
IMAG0660.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom