96/97 FJ80/LX450 E brake retrofit assembly...?

Im wondering if anyone has been successful with finding a retrofit fix (GM?) for the whole assembly. My LX's e brake assemblies (driver and passenger) are all rusted up... Thanks for any constructive input. :)

That cool but I'm thinking something we could use with a lever to apply some force but not a total 100% lock when needed. Something more like the Wildwood mechanical E brake...

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 11.41.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 11.43.27 AM.png

I want to say the old Oldsmobile Tornado calipers had a mechanical engagement on top of the hydraulic so it could be used as an E-brake.

You can still buy all the parts new from Toyota or in a kit from @NLXTACY The original e-brake system works well on every 80 i owned so don't see the value in replacing it with a 3rd party system.
Correct. However it ain't cheap to go that route. Plus it's a pain to do a complete overhaul. My 80 is far from stock so I'm looking for something with better performance and easier to maintain.

I want to say the old Oldsmobile Tornado calipers had a mechanical engagement on top of the hydraulic so it could be used as an E-brake.
You're are 100% correct... And great thinking. But ultimately, a separate system is still better IMO since things get pretty bashed up on trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom