1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96/97 80 vs 98/99 100/LX470

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by SR.GRINGO, Aug 11, 2005.

1. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

One of these days I want to get another cruiser. I have an 80 right now that is a daily driver on 35's. Ever since I got it I have wanted another one. What I can't decide is if I should get a 1997 LX450 or go for a 98..... I would put a snorkel, and arb on it along with a lift. I have two routes to work through traffic, or a really fun back road that is wash board and for 3 months out the year it has some nice water crossings and lots of mud :) I used to want a 40 but for the prices these days an 80/LX450 looks to be the bargain. What do you guys think another 80 or step up to a LX470?

2. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I have 2 LX 450s. At the time I picked up the 2nd one, the prices on LX 470s and 100 series Land Cruisers were higher than I wanted to pay. That was 2 years ago - given the drop in prices over that time, today, I'd pick up the 100 series (LX or LC).

I'd suggest the 100. You'll have something a little newer and something different.

3. NovaFZJ80

NovaFZJ80

Might look at it from this angle...don't think Dan can get you Lexus parts, or can he ??? even though its really Toyota parts....

4. mabrodis

mabrodis

If the part is the same, then you just order that part for a Toyota vehicle, but if the part is Lexus-specific then no, I don't think Dan can get those. However, there are other places that can get them for you, I've dealt with Lexus of Irvine, CA (I think maybe Lexus of Valencia, I could dig up the info though) before, good guys, same e-mail, call, they ship you a box as with Dan, so you can certainly mail-order Lexus parts, might not get as good of discount, but the only parts you would expect to need would be maintenance things, and all of the Cruiser parts would work for those...

5. FirstToy

FirstToy

I have gone thru this debate about a million times :lol:

Since you already have an 80 (and as Doug said, the prices are so close now) I would definitely get the 100. Something different, bit more room and plush is always good :)

6. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

An LX470 would certainly be plush compared to my 80. I'm not too worried about buying a ton of Lexus parts....my Dad has a 91 LS400 and the only thing he has done is pm... Gives me something to dream about :) The longer I wait the cheaper they will get!