'96 80-series OEM tie rod, drag link, and ends and A/C compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
for sale:
stock/OEM drag link/tie rod and TRE's. $30 each (the rod ends will ship with the rod) + the ride to the lower 48. i'll take a MO or paypal.

some details:
i recently replaced my OEM TRE's, tie rod and drag link with 555 ends and slee rods. i been chasing down a vibration and thought it might have been worn out TRE's, so i replaced everything...didn't fix my vibe one bit (but i feel warm and fuzzy inside after dropping some bank :mad:).
anyway, my rig is a 96 and had ~213k miles on it when i replaced the stock ends/rods. it's been in southeast GA it's entire life so no rust. the ends are still smooth and the threads aren't showing any rust but are a little dirty. here are some crappy pictures (sorry). PM if you're interested.
i also have an A/C compressor that needs a new nose (~$50) and will be good to go (with a new clutch). i got a new one from dan, but didn't want to pay $15 to ship this one back to him for a $20 core charge. make an offer.
TRE-1.jpg
TRE-2.jpg
TRE-3.jpg

You mention $30 each, is that each part or each section that you are showing on the towel?

You mention $30 each, is that each part or each section that you are showing on the towel?

$30 will get you the rod and the rod ends. how about $50 +shipping for everything; both rods/both ends (and the towels!!)?

-blumer

If the steering components also fit the 60, I'm interested.

there was a lot of discussion over in the 60s section and I'm pretty sure it was concluded these wont fit the 60 series without a lot of modification (new steering arms, etc etc)

ok, thanks

there was a lot of discussion over in the 60s section and I'm pretty sure it was concluded these wont fit the 60 series without a lot of modification (new steering arms, etc etc)

cool. thanks for the clarification.

"anyway, my rig is a 96 and had ~213k miles on it when i replaced the stock ends/rods."

Please clarify for me. The rod ends that come with the OEM rods have 213K on them, and were replaced by the 555 ends & Slee rod combo, or @ 213k the ends were replaced with OEM/Aftermarket and they have ? miles on them now.

If the steering components also fit the 60, I'm interested.

I put my steering links from my 60 onto my new 80 housing no problem. So I think the other way around should work. They were upgraded to thicker stock but the length was not changed. Just a fyi

pics and miles on the compresor .. ?

jcfj62 got it right. the compressor is the stock/OEM/original and has a little over 213k on it.
when replacing the compressor, you have to take the "service valves" (i've also seen it referred to as the "suction valve") off of the top of the original/old compressor, put it on the new one, and replace the old "service/suction valve" with the new "shipping plate". when i did that, i got a look down into the body of the compressor and it looked pristine to me. no corrosion and the oil looked brand new.
i thought about replacing the compressor nose/head on the original compressor since that was really the only part that was wrong with the original. but having only 1/2 :banana: skillz, i decided to just replace the whole deal. this link shows you a diagram of the compressor parts and the retail prices.
HTH

is the compressor still available? what exactly is wrong with the nose?

yes, it's still available. the groove in the nose is where the bearing in the clutch (that sits over the nose) wore out and subsequently cut that grove out in the part of the nose that's closest to the face (see pic 3 in post 13 on the end of the nose closest to the face/plate from like 10 o'clock to noon).

How much for the rod that goes behind the axle (don't know the name) shipped to 20874?

thanks

tie rod is $30. i'll check on shipping later today and send you a PM.

AC compressor

any takers yet? pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom