95 Montero Torsion Bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know how I crank my torsion bars up so I can fit 32 or 33x11.50 Interco SuperSwampers under my Monty? Comments or other suggestions are appreciated :)

If you look at the rear of the torsion bars, there will be a bolt going straight up thru an arm/key connected to the bar. Feel around on top for the nut and loosen it off. Fluid film or pb blaster the threads and nut beforehand.
Once the nut is cracked loose, go back to the bottom and tighten the bolt until it bottoms out. Youll be able to tell because the arm only goes so far up. Careful not to snap the bolt. Use lots of lube. It helps to jack the front up a bit to take the weight off the arms.
Once they max out find a level spot and see how it sits side to side. Sometimes one bar will be a tad softer from mileage and it wont sit level. Adjust as needed.

This will stiffen the ride a bit, and will wear out the torsion bars a bit quicker. But if youre just wanting quick and easy id go for it.
You can get lifted torsion bars or torsion bar keys. These work a little better over the long term.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom