95 LC with Engine Knock in Northern GA! HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I will tell you mine. I had on my 94 a kick come on ever so slightly, changed oil was still there. I was running napa and wix filters, wix makes napa. Both of them are black filiters. My truck sounded bad on first cold starts then would quit down after it was nice and warm. The knock was always still there. I ran 10 40 oil. I did also do compression test all the cylinders were low 160 to 140, didn’t care about the engine really but with all cylinders pretty close I drove it, as my plan was to swap it out. I drove it 25 to 30k more with the knock. Wheeled the snot out of it the whole time, slapped it off the rev limiter when I ran snow runs.
I also had another vehicle I could drive. So I’d don’t worry to much, and if I wanted to go wheel I did, doing long hwy miles as well.
When I rebuilt a few of these engines in 15 for basic rebuild with Toyota parts was about 3500- 4000 bucks. If you can do the labor good. For my 94 I bought a used engine and was going to just drop it in untouched for 350 I think it was.
But then I got lazy and just kept driving it, then bought a cherry 96, pulled off the stuff I wanted and swapped it over to the 96 and my 94 has been parked. Pics make stuff betterView attachment 3238276View attachment 323827794 is first pic right before I swapped everything to the red 96
Also- those are some beautiful trucks!

While running, pull one spark plug at a time to isolate the noise to one cylinder if it is knock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom