95 LC No crank. No start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New battery. New fusible link. New starter. All within a week old. No crank. No start. All electrics work but no horn. Moved gear selector around. Worked just fine then went on vacation for 10 days. Upon return no start issue started. Trued jumper cables (ground to body). No luck. No obvious break in wiring. Fusible links gets power (12.4V). Any ideas??

Nss? Did you try putting juice straight to starter with the vehicle on?

New battery. New fusible link. New starter. All within a week old. No crank. No start. All electrics work but no horn. Moved gear selector around. Worked just fine then went on vacation for 10 days. Upon return no start issue started. Trued jumper cables (ground to body). No luck. No obvious break in wiring. Fusible links gets power (12.4V). Any ideas??
Do you have a CEL with key in run position?

Nss? Did you try putting juice straight to starter with the vehicle on?
NSS will be my next check up. No I have not tried direct juice. Is the bolt with a rubber cover the positive for the starter?

Checked again while tapping the EFI Main Relay. Now I have CEL in the “on” position. Still no crank. No start.
CEL/EFI system is not in play here. The starter circuit is completely separate.
Do you have an alarm/starter cutoff?

CEL/EFI system is not in play here. The starter circuit is completely separate.
Do you have an alarm/starter cutoff?

Yes I do. The factory alarm. I tried unplugging the brain under the driver’s seat. Still no crank and no start. Is there like a cutoff switch somewhere with the factory alarm?

Yes I do. The factory alarm. I tried unplugging the brain under the driver’s seat. Still no crank and no start. Is there like a cutoff switch somewhere with the factory alarm?
Th RS3000 port installed alarm has a starter cutoff. I believe there is a specific plug for the starter cutoff. If you search for one of the many RS3000 alarm removal threads, you will find it.

Reactions: MoJ
You can not just unplug the brain. The factory alarm wiring harness needs to be removed. There are two plugs within the main factory harness that need to be rejoined. I believe that they are located behind the dash panel under the steering wheel. There is a thread that details the entire removal process.

You can not just unplug the brain. The factory alarm wiring harness needs to be removed. There are two plugs within the main factory harness that need to be rejoined. I believe that they are located behind the dash panel under the steering wheel. There is a thread that details the entire removal process.
Thanks. I realized that as it didn’t really work. Is there any way I can reset the RS3000 without removing any harness? My alarm still works as normal. Locks and unlocks doors with the corresponding light flash but no horn. All happened when the truck was parked for a long time without use so long that I had to change the battery coz it showed as “bad” in my charger.

Th RS3000 port installed alarm has a starter cutoff. I believe there is a specific plug for the starter cutoff. If you search for one of the many RS3000 alarm removal threads, you will find it.
i was hoping to reset the alarm instead of removing harness and plugs unless it has gone bad. Electrical gremlins. Most annoying! Lol.

i was hoping to reset the alarm instead of removing harness and plugs unless it has gone bad. Electrical gremlins. Most annoying! Lol.
Not following your logic here.
If the RS3000 system is faulty and the starter is disabled, you need to at least try to remove that part of the system for diagnosis. If the car still does not start, then it is not the alarm. If the car starts then the it is the alarm.

Not following your logic here.
If the RS3000 system is faulty and the starter is disabled, you need to at least try to remove that part of the system for diagnosis. If the car still does not start, then it is not the alarm. If the car starts then the it is the alarm.
ok. I guess removing the alarm and if the car starts then thats how we know the alarm is broken. No other way. Thanks!

I removed my alarm on the way to finding a similar no start issue, if you look on the removal thread you will find the instructions, I believe you can just uncoil the two connectors that are the starter disable and then reattach as stock and check for the no start without removing the entire harness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom