95 Land Cruiser no start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

It’s been a while since I posted hope everyone is doing well.

I took my 95 land cruiser on a trail in Moab yesterday - weather was 100 degree heat- finished the trail and when I was driving back to the campsite I noticed the stock voltage meter moving when turn signaling or closing / opening windows.
Once I got to the campsite, I tried to start the land cruiser and noticed battery was weak- hooked up jumper cables and got better juice and cranked well but no start.

I recently replaced both battery terminals and they seem to be connected well.
Checked EFI fuse and didn’t notice anything wrong.

it cranks but no start. Didn’t have any symptoms other than the stock voltage meter going down and otherwise used to start right up.

Any pointers?

thx

Hello

It’s been a while since I posted hope everyone is doing well.

I took my 95 land cruiser on a trail in Moab yesterday - weather was 100 degree heat- finished the trail and when I was driving back to the campsite I noticed the stock voltage meter moving when turn signaling or closing / opening windows.
Once I got to the campsite, I tried to start the land cruiser and noticed battery was weak- hooked up jumper cables and got better juice and cranked well but no start.

I recently replaced both battery terminals and they seem to be connected well.
Checked EFI fuse and didn’t notice anything wrong.

it cranks but no start. Didn’t have any symptoms other than the stock voltage meter going down and otherwise used to start right up.

Any pointers?

thx
Do you have a CEL with key in run position?

Not sure - I’ll check when I get back to the campsite if a CEL comes on in run position.

Take a peak here:

I thought it was alternator and just had that replaced- but for some reason the disable link keeps getting hot - replaced the wire with a temp wire and car started but the wire in disable link gets hot after driving 3 miles.

7A414F7A-E2DD-4057-A6B9-DA4BD93A6D52.jpeg

I thought it was alternator and just had that replaced- but for some reason the disable link keeps getting hot - replaced the wire with a temp wire and car started but the wire in disable link gets hot after driving 3 miles.

View attachment 2415944
Then STOP DOING THAT!

The fusible links are there for a reason!

You are going to burn it to the ground!

You have to trace the problem to a short somewhere.

Hate Autocorrect 😂 fusible link -

anyways- owner of a local expedition shop in Moab helped me with a spare of fusible links that he uses for his fzj80 - great guy.

installed them and car started right up. Noticed the positive wire bolts were getting alittle hot but didn’t know if that was from the 100 degree weather in Moab or sign of something else.

Here are some photos from yesterday

0AFFCD4F-8CF7-4B1B-A05F-3B1C71A0B493.jpeg

FA634371-326A-499A-A1C7-40EE802C78CB.jpeg

973D2326-ADFD-41E1-982A-2F6D64595DF0.jpeg

Hate Autocorrect 😂 fusible link -

anyways- owner of a local expedition shop in Moab helped me with a spare of fusible links that he uses for his fzj80 - great guy.

installed them and car started right up. Noticed the positive wire bolts were getting alittle hot but didn’t know if that was from the 100 degree weather in Moab or sign of something else.

Here are some photos from yesterday

View attachment 2416089

View attachment 2416090

View attachment 2416091
So, was the problem fixed or Band-Aided?

We installed a new fusible link and she started right up - drove it in town and seems to be doing ok. I need to put more miles on her to make sure the problem is gone

Problem was the fusible link - replaced it and she’s been running great- Thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom