SOLD 95 HDJ80 lhd 5 speed part time 4wd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
1/29/2023 UPDATE , taking this one of the market for the moment as I will be driving it for a while myself and do some upgrades to it like a new Old Man Emu suspension kit and some other upgrades . It will probably be available again later this year but priced a bit higher to offset my extra costs .

I am selling my 1995 Land Cruiser HDJ80 , this has the 1HDT and H151 5 speed manual transmission and part time 4wd Tcase which is a pretty rare combo to find , to top it off it's also LHD and has dual tanks , rear ac , fridge between front seats and it is a single family owned cruiser . It has 251 k km on the clock which is about 155 k miles . I imported this cruiser from Panama where I lived for several years before moving to the US and one of my best friends there worked at the same place as the lady that drove it for at least 15 years as both their 80's where frequently parked near each other . The story goes that the husband drove it when it was new and then later he gave it to his wife to drive to work and back . When I bought it the transmission was acting up and this was the main reason they where thinking about selling it . The H151 is completely rebuild now using oem Toyota parts and a new clutch was installed at the same time since it was accesible when the trans was removed . Front axle has been rebuild also and according to the po they had some work done to the IP and turbo a few years ago . It runs and drives great and the transmission shifts very smooth now . It has been repainted sometime in the past and that paint already has a few nick nacks and scratches but it presents very well , like every almost 30 year young cruiser there are some things that might need attention , like 90% of the 80's the antenna is broken and the windows are slow moving . I just put 4 new Yokohama tires on it and did a oil change including filters . This being such a rare find as a single fam owned 1HDT/H151 part time 4wd I was going to list it for 35k but with the small issues it has and to move quickly I am asking 30k for it which if you know the market for these is very low for this kind of cruiser.

This not a "new'" or "frame off" nor "investment grade" or any other of the bs we see mostly when these come up for sale , just a good daily driver that is ready to take you wherever you want.

No lockers on this one so no need to ask

-Freshly rebuild H151
-new clutch kit
-front axle rebuild
- 4 new tires
- new ARB bumper

30.000$

IMG_3893.JPG
IMG_3901.JPG
IMG_3891.JPG
IMG_3898.JPG

Last edited:
post the video to youtube and share a link to it here would probably be the easiest.

post the video to youtube and share a link to it here would probably be the easiest.
I am a dinosaur living in a modern world unfortunately , I have seen the beautiful videos made by the people that sell on Bat and such and I have to say those are very nice gimmicks . Those same people would probably spend a week detailing this cruiser and then take their cool videos and ask 45K for it rather then the 30k I am asking . Someone who is really interested will come take a look in person as 30k is no pocket change for most people and a video is not the same as touching it , driving it and crawling under and over to see what it actually looks like . This big world also gets very small sometimes with the help of great forums like this and all the social media , I have sold several cruisers to out of state buyers that send someone over from my neck of the woods that they knew online , still better than a video in my opinion.

That being said if you want to see something specific on the cruiser send me your phone number and I will send a video or photo of it .

Nice cruiser Joe. That dash is a 93/94, did some of the euro spec 95’s get the older dash style?
This one comes out of Central America and they where always a bit behind in updates

What an awesome rig, I think this is the direction I would like to go, now if I could get off my @ss and get my HZJ75 listed for sale maybe we can make something happen but I bet this won't be around that long....

What an awesome rig, I think this is the direction I would like to go, now if I could get off my @ss and get my HZJ75 listed for sale maybe we can make something happen but I bet this won't be around that long....
I bet if you advertise that troopy in the current market it will sell the same day !

Update , flickering dash lights are resolved , this was just a loose connector on the alternator . Probably ordering some parts to redo all the power windows this weekend and will advertise it then on Ebay with updated price .

Update nr2 , I ordered a new Old Man Emu suspension kit for it and new oem window rubbers to address the slow windows . Obviously once these 2 items are installed the price will be adjusted so if you want it at 30k don't wait to long ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom