For Sale 95 FZJ80 just posted on Bring a Trailer 91k miles!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Undercarriage looks to have seen more than a little road salt. Victim of it's environment.

^Yup. Not bad, but definitely detracts from value IMO.

Undercarriage looks to have seen more than a little road salt. Victim of it's environment.
Nah, that doesn't look like rust from salty roads. That just looks like the surface rust from coastal areas. Big difference in my opinion. That may not make sense to many but Ive bought/sold 100s of and inspected far more LCs from all over the country and that rust would not turn me away at all. Road salt rot is distinguishable.

Most of that rust would wipe off with an oily rag. The rest would clean up and paint very easily.

That's not a rusty 80, based on what is shown in the pictures. But I do think it's odd that the upper rear hatch has been worked on. That's one of the first places to check for rot.

Seller deserves credit for not rattle-canning the underside.

I don't particularly care for the roof rack removal. Those exposed screws looks sketchy.

Looking forward to this auction since it's a fairly good comp for my factory locked DEP '93 with similar miles.

That's not a rusty 80, based on what is shown in the pictures. But I do think it's odd that the upper rear hatch has been worked on. That's one of the first places to check for rot.

Seller deserves credit for not rattle-canning the underside.

I don't particularly care for the roof rack removal. Those exposed screws looks sketchy.

Looking forward to this auction since it's a fairly good comp for my factory locked DEP '93 with similar miles.
I’m interested to see where it goes as well. There have been a lot of Toyota’s on BAT lately so this one will be a good baseline for my 44k mile LX.

Being from Boston that rust is not alarming but What’s with the recent head gasket replacement before 100,000 miles? I just did mine at over 200,000 miles which I think is closer to average.

Sold for $30200, including the buyer's fee.

I thought it would have been higher.

It's the first decent 80 that's gone through BaT. Subsequent listings of similar or better quality examples should bring more. Especially if they're locked.

It sold just above where my 80 is priced. Pretty much as expected (and hoped).

$0.02

Last edited:
It's the first decent 80 that's gone through BaT. Subsequent listings of similar or better quality examples should bring more. Especially if they're locked.

It sold just above where my 80 is priced. Pretty much as expected (and hoped).

$0.02
Agreed. I have thought about putting mine on there. With half the mileage it could get interesting. But, I just like driving the dang thing so much!
Good luck with yours, I didn’t see it listed?

Being from Boston that rust is not alarming but What’s with the recent head gasket replacement before 100,000 miles? I just did mine at over 200,000 miles which I think is closer to average.
Seals dry out with time, I did mine at 90k, rebuilt the head at the same time because valve seals were causing excessive oil burn, head gasket had no issues, but head has to be removed for the job to be done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom