Wanted 95-97 locked Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Hey all,

so I posted a thread a few weeks ago about a triple locked cruiser near me asking for input......... and it sold. Haha I’m not really upset as I’m hoping it went to a good home, but I am pretty bummed that I hesitated long enough before realizing that I had a good rig within reach, and didn’t pick it up. ☹️
Anyways, I’m currently on the hunt for a land cruiser that I can build to my own liking and take on trips.
I’m trying to stay on somewhat of a budget, in case I have to fix some things, but if it’s mechanically sound, I wouldn’t mind paying more and save up for mods.
I’m hoping to stay under 250k miles as I’m trying to keep the rig for a very long time and possibly use it as a DD. (My current DD is a car, but I’m considering giving it to my mom as a thanks for putting up with a crappy kid.)
As the title states, I’d like to stay in the 95-97 range, and locked if possible.
I live in Fort Worth, Tx but am willing to drive up to a 1000 miles for the right rig, or possibly set up some sort of meet up with the seller if they’re willing!
Let me know what you guys have, or if you have any leads you wouldn’t mind sharing!

Thanks to everyone in advance for any time and info, and have a great day!

Bump. I’m starting to consider unlocked 80’s after reading more on aftermarket lockers and figure I can add to my budget if need be!
In this market you're basically retarded if you buy a locked 80. There are some exceptions of course but they are few and far between. That LX in Texas you commented on is a very good buy. Barring the unforeseen, that is one to pursue.

In this market you're basically retarded if you buy a locked 80. There are some exceptions of course but they are few and far between. That LX in Texas you commented on is a very good buy. Barring the unforeseen, that is one to pursue.
I will admit I was of the mindset that I’d rather have and not need, even though I was told otherwise by a few honest folks (thanks guys), but after reading some more and seeing some of the personal experiences users have shared (I believe I’ve read some of yours) I think I can definitely get by with just center diff, until I feel like upping my rig in the future. It just took me a bit longer to learn, which sucks, but it is what it is.

Thanks for taking time to spread some advice man!

Even if you can't (which would put you in the minority) you can add them later at any point like you alluded to. Most aftermarket nowadays are going to be more reliable and still less expensive than paying the premium for OEM. It's a no brainer.
I wish I would've looked at it that way back then, or just started looking earlier, but now I just hope to find a good rig that I can make my own. We'll just have to see what happens!

Any interest in mine?

Hey all,

so I posted a thread a few weeks ago about a triple locked cruiser near me asking for input......... and it sold. Haha I’m not really upset as I’m hoping it went to a good home, but I am pretty bummed that I hesitated long enough before realizing that I had a good rig within reach, and didn’t pick it up. ☹️
Anyways, I’m currently on the hunt for a land cruiser that I can build to my own liking and take on trips.
I’m trying to stay on somewhat of a budget, in case I have to fix some things, but if it’s mechanically sound, I wouldn’t mind paying more and save up for mods.
I’m hoping to stay under 250k miles as I’m trying to keep the rig for a very long time and possibly use it as a DD. (My current DD is a car, but I’m considering giving it to my mom as a thanks for putting up with a crappy kid.)
As the title states, I’d like to stay in the 95-97 range, and locked if possible.
I live in Fort Worth, Tx but am willing to drive up to a 1000 miles for the right rig, or possibly set up some sort of meet up with the seller if they’re willing!
Let me know what you guys have, or if you have any leads you wouldn’t mind sharing!

Selling 97 lx450 Florida truck owner 20 years daily-kit gloves 260000\center diff black \ $19,000

Hey all,

expand...
Selling 97 lx450 owner 20 years -kit gloves \daily\Florida truck 260000\ center diff \blk $19,000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom