Wanted 95-97 Hdj81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Looking to buy a Hdj81 anyone selling one?Preferably looking for a stock condition.Let me know if you have one for sale.Tnx

Hi, I have a 1995 HDJ 80VX LHD, factory lockers, double tanks, 5 speed, factory part time 4x4. Clean texas title in my name.

Looking to buy a Hdj81 anyone selling one?Preferably looking for a stock condition.Let me know if you have one for sale.Tnx
Hello. I have a 1992 HDJ80 triple locked with lots of extras if you would like them. Please reach out if interested.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 11.26.42 AM.png

I have a 1995 24 valve HDJ81:

It is registered in AZ.
Testing the waters. I really do love this Diesel 80. Drives like a new LC... as smooth as my wifes LX570.
It is dialed in next level, as only a true disciplined Japanese shop would do with the suspension.
I have 3 80s and one will go...
As for Diesels, I think the market will pick up on them, as Americans discover how incredible they are...
Down Under, the Diesel 80s sell 2x higher than gas... simply bc the fuel economy is wayy better and the torque is phenomenal, especially for offroad. They covet the 24 valve 1HD-FT.

It is registered in AZ.
Testing the waters. I really do love this Diesel 80. Drives like a new LC... as smooth as my wifes LX570.
It is dialed in next level, as only a true disciplined Japanese shop would do with the suspension.
I have 3 80s and one will go...
As for Diesels, I think the market will pick up on them, as Americans discover how incredible they are...
Down Under, the Diesel 80s sell 2x higher than gas... simply bc the fuel economy is wayy better and the torque is phenomenal, especially for offroad. They covet the 24 valve 1HD-FT.
Didn't you just buy this off Bring a Trailer?

Are you looking to buy a HDJ81 24 valve too?
As you know, a 24 valve 1HD-FT specimen would be from 1995-1997
With the 25 year import rule, they are just eligible to come in to the US as of summer 2021.
So unless someone is willing to import one in, these will have been recently purchased or imported.

I just curious. I was bidding on what I think was an identical cruiser on bring a trailer- was the second highest bidder. Didn’t want to go higher since it was an auto.

I bought another w/ a 5spd a week or so later.
Ahh, yes you are RWellsclark!
You got the white 1995. It is sweet! 5 spd too.
Yes, the I bought the Black one. It is a gem.
How do you like the 1HD-FT?
I believe the prices on these 24 valve models will be going up due to the limited supply, and that they are the Next Level 80 series... Double the MPG doesn't hurt either!
I have a 1HZ, 12HT and now this 1HD-FT... All are amazing.
I will post a video soon on my YT channel comparing the Diesel engines.
Too bad we never got these in the US... but we can get them now!

Ahh, yes you are RWellsclark!
You got the white 1995. It is sweet! 5 spd too.
Yes, the I bought the Black one. It is a gem.
How do you like the 1HD-FT?
I believe the prices on these 24 valve models will be going up due to the limited supply, and that they are the Next Level 80 series... Double the MPG doesn't hurt either!
I have a 1HZ, 12HT and now this 1HD-FT... All are amazing.
I will post a video soon on my YT channel comparing the Diesel engines.
Too bad we never got these in the US... but we can get them now!
Agreed! Cruiser is due here this week so I can’t tell you yet. But my 1hdt auto was worlds better than even the fzj, so hoping this is a good step up too. Are you liking the 24v as well?

Agreed! Cruiser is due here this week so I can’t tell you yet. But my 1hdt auto was worlds better than even the fzj, so hoping this is a good step up too. Are you liking the 24v as well?
Love it.
I have has the 3FE engine (but in a Fj62) and it's slow and that power plant is painful in a 80 series.
The FZJ80 is great with 212hp and 275lb-ft (at 3200rpm)
But the HJ81 with the 1HD-FT at 168hp and 280ln-ft at 1400rpm is just a total treat.
So, I do enjoy my FZJ80s, just not frequenting the gas stations...
But I love the Diesel...

There is a shop in San Antonio that will put a 1HD-FT or FTE in your 80 series for about $32k
Why not just buy the entire vehicle for a few thousand more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom