Wanted ‘95-‘97 HDJ81 1HDFT 5-Speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Just throwing the net out here, since every possible Avenue adds up (and the ones I’ve tried thus far still have left me empty-handed).

Looking for a:
1995-1997
HDJ81 (or HDJ80)
1HD-FT engine
5-Speed (manual) transmission

(Just like everybody else.)

It’s going to be an heirloom truck to work on forever, and pass down to the next gen after cultivating in them an appreciation for LCs.

It’s been less than fun watching the prices for all Land Cruisers skyrocket juuuuust before the 25 year mark to arrived that I’d been eating for to get my hands on a 1HD-FT. *sigh* (thanks used car market + inflation + Joe Rogan, your timing was maximally annoying).

I've imported four like that. One in my driveway. Just sold another one. More are available in Europe all the time.

What's your budget? You looking for a beauty or a beater?

I'm not importing for other people any more, but I could walk you through it if you want to do it yourself.

I've got one available right now. See link below:

I've imported four like that. One in my driveway. Just sold another one. More are available in Europe all the time.

What's your budget? You looking for a beauty or a beater?

I'm not importing for other people any more, but I could walk you through it if you want to do it yourself.
Any you see worth importing right now? trying to get something similar to what OP was looking for and what @DriveUncommon had sold.

I haven't really been looking lately, but I just perused a few European classifieds sites and found these:

1996, VX, cloth interior, steel wheels, no sunroof, 1HD-ft + 5 speed, and only 19,000 miles from new. The seller's pretty proud of it though. He's asking 56,000 Euro. Doesn't look like it has air conditioning. Nice otherwise.

1995, much more affordable at 19,000 Euro. Has about 220k miles on it. Sports a lift but seems otherwise mostly stock. Leather, a/c, 1HD-FT, 5-speed, power windows. Diff locks. Might be a deal, hard to say without more info.

There's a few in France in the $25-35k range, mostly with 200-250k miles on them. Look on Leboncoin.

I haven't really been looking lately, but I just perused a few European classifieds sites and found these:

1996, VX, cloth interior, steel wheels, no sunroof, 1HD-ft + 5 speed, and only 19,000 miles from new. The seller's pretty proud of it though. He's asking 56,000 Euro. Doesn't look like it has air conditioning. Nice otherwise.

1995, much more affordable at 19,000 Euro. Has about 220k miles on it. Sports a lift but seems otherwise mostly stock. Leather, a/c, 1HD-FT, 5-speed, power windows. Diff locks. Might be a deal, hard to say without more info.

There's a few in France in the $25-35k range, mostly with 200-250k miles on them. Look on Leboncoin.
Damn, price truly are just going up again.

Man that first one is a cool truck. You'd be in it $70K by the time you got it here I bet

NL 80 HD.jpg

Here's one in the Netherlands. Looks like it spent it's life in France. Above your target of $35K but I think finding one with these specs in that price range is unrealistic.

Above your target of $35K but I think finding one with these specs in that price range is unrealistic.
He can find 'em, but they probably won't be the low miles one owner full maintenance records original paint type of car that everyone dreams of. Those are spendy and will only get pricier with time.

If the OP is willing to get a car with a few more miles on it, or maybe with some work that needs to be done, he can probably get something. Work the math backwards--budget of US$35k means purchase price in Europe of about US$30k +/-. That's about 27000 Euro. You can still get a 95-97 HDJ80 for that, it just won't be pristine. It won't be a rolling wreck, either. That kind of money should get you a decent-ish OK car. There's 3 in France and one in Germany currently that fit the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom