94 TO 97 Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Am I the only person that would spray oil (diesel fuel) on the U.C to help extend it's life and make suvicing it easer?

P.S cold water pressure washing it after the winter salt is worse NMO, because it does nothing to disolve the salt just scratches it as it gets washed down the paint.

Realy, you mean I dont have that one in my 92? Darn and I was thinking I needed a "stand alone" trans for my diesel swap, darn!!

Aint that a B#$CH! I hate when the windows are down and all that wind noise, cattle and the "fragrance of nature" get in, eack!

I also hate A.C it couses more fuel consumtion and a loss of power....

and I hate the "Truck" ride if I wanted a truck I'd buy a peaterbuilt! gawd...

and tires, dont get me started......

birds.....

free trade......

stars......come on what are they all about....... lool at me, look at me!!

twinkle, twinkle you little fart.

wow.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate?

The newer 80's don't have the PAIR system (i think that is whats it called, the system that dumps air into the exhaust off the air cleaner).
The rad is diff.
Head gasket was changed.
Cat exhaust is diff.
Thats all I can think of at this time.

Am I the only person that would spray oil (diesel fuel) on the U.C to help extend it's life and make suvicing it easer?

P.S cold water pressure washing it after the winter salt is worse NMO, because it does nothing to disolve the salt just scratches it as it gets washed down the paint.

Realy, you mean I dont have that one in my 92? Darn and I was thinking I needed a "stand alone" trans for my diesel swap, darn!!

Aint that a B#$CH! I hate when the windows are down and all that wind noise, the "fragrance of nature" and cattle get in, eack!

I also hate A.C it couses more fuel consumtion and a loss of power....

and I hate the "Truck" ride if I wanted a truck I'd buy a peaterbuilt! gawd...

IFS......

IRS....and the IRS.....

and tires, dont get me started......

birds.....

free trade......

stars......come on what are they all about?....... lool at me, look at me!!

twinkle, twinkle you little fart.

:confused:

What time did you start drinking today?

Found this:
93-94 are the best years.

- Bigger, better tranny
- More front leg room
- No Auto-climate
- No airbags

How does the 93/94 have more leg room?

Seats are dif, al least the covers are dif.

Is there a 2nd gear take off switch on the newer ones???

Last edited:
Never heard that.

Ask tntoyota, he is just drunk enough to know everything.

LOL!!

Passenger air bag, better dash (YMMV :rolleyes: ), how about that 2nd start button? No air stuff in the way of your OBA or s/c... +1 for get the 97.

meh...

keep the 94 and buy an 100.

that's what I'd do...

This is an interesting quote as this guy bought two 97's to replace his 94. I have often times wrestled with the idea of getting a 97 with lower miles to compliment my 94. Two years ago 97's were going for 18k now you can pick a nice one for 9k easy. If you get a 100 look at the 03+.

Found this:
93-94 are the best years.

- Bigger, better tranny
- More front leg room
- No Auto-climate
- No airbags

How does the 93/94 have more leg room?

A better tranny!!!!
More leg room!

NO auto climate! (damn, too lazzzy to do it myself anyhow)
NO air bags!

HOT DAMN!!!!!! :hillbilly: :hillbilly: :hillbilly: :hillbilly:

Im'a Traidin' myan N

My trannies GVW is only 12,00lbs, dad bern it.

I got the thingie for red and blue I have to slide, no comuter to run it though, hate that, dim thingies free?

I need the 2nd start becouse of all the powerbraking, smoke the tires, NHRA take offs I do. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
A better tranny!!!!
More leg room!

NO air bags!

Im'a Traidin' myan N

I got the thingie for red and blue I have to slide, no comuter to run it though, hate that, dim thingies free?

I need the 2nd start becouse of all the powerbraking, smoke the tires, NHRA take offs I do. :grinpimp:

Bump.

factory cloth seats were manual...manual seat controls provide additional leg room. I know of a couple 97s that came with factory cloth seats...

it's not a huge difference...but it's enough.

This is an interesting quote as this guy bought two 97's to replace his 94. I have often times wrestled with the idea of getting a 97 with lower miles to compliment my 94. Two years ago 97's were going for 18k now you can pick a nice one for 9k easy. If you get a 100 look at the 03+.

:D

when I bought my 97, it was specifically to replace the 94. Getting a 100 was not even a consideration.

when I bought the wife's 97, it was to replace the Honda Accord with something studier and more solid...the low mileage 97 was available at a screamin' deal...
I had considered a 100 series at the time, but they were much more expensive then (unless I wanted something with triple the miles as the 97 that we bought).

If I were to replace my 80 today, I'd get a 100...which the wife would drive and I'd take over her 80.

:D

A better tranny!!!!
More leg room!

NO air bags!

Im'a Traidin' myan N

Okay...WTF?

Is there something I am missing here.

That is crazy!!!!! I wouldn't sell my '97 for $18k today and I think in two more years, I will want even more. There is nothing made by any compnay right now that I think stacks up to my '97. PERIOD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom