94 spark plug seal scratches in vc gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im in the process of replacing my leaking vc gasket and as many have recommended, I planned on replacing the spark plug seals as well. Looks like the po already replaced them because they came out super easy. Upon inspection i noticed some scratches in the cylinder part of the vc where the seals slide into. My ? is can i just apply some rtv silicone gasket maker into the cylinder and then install the new spark plug seals? I noticed some oil on the top of the vc around the spark plug wires and tubes where the plugs slide into. Also im looking for the torque specs of the 4 bolts on the throttle body. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20190323_120642.jpg
20190323_120616.jpg
20190323_120554.jpg

Looks like someone dug the old pieces out with a pick. I would smooth out any burrs to keep from cutting, binding the new seals. They will probably seal but a bit of sealer in the grooves wouldn't hurt. The sealer may hamper future removal however.

Throttle body-to-intake chamber bolts are 15 lb-ft.

Cruiserdan, THank you very much for the help and quick reply. Didnt think about possible issue with future removal, I don't have a replacement so Ill probably apply the sealer and hope for the best. Can you recommend on what to use to smooth them out? Thanks again for the torque specs as well. Love this sight.

I would use a fine-tooth small half-round file and fine emery cloth. Work locally and slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom