1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

94 Seat Replacement Options

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by Uglibus, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Uglibus

Uglibus

My wife's truck is and will remain a stock truck until she decides she like something better and I can put a SA in and wheel it. The problem is that the bench seat in her 94 has bit the dust. It leans the driver into the middle of the truck. I would like to put some buckets into it for comfort for her daily commute. From searches I have found that seats from an acrua integra or honda civic may be direct bolt ins. Also MR2 85-89. I have also looked for good early 90s buckets from minis and runners but they are few and expensive even when they are trashed. Anyone know of a new seat replacement that will bolt in? Preferably cloth over leather or vinyl.

2. nakman

nakman addict.

The Acura seats work quite well. I've got them in my little Taco, as does Chris & Mary in the Purpletaco... Oleg did the swap for us, I think total cost was only $250, including the seats. He did have to fab up a bracket though, let me know if you want to see a pic, PM me on the RS site since I'm on there more than here. hth sir.. :)

3. bkg

bkg

Find a set of SR5 seats - bolt 'em right in. Best seats ever.

4. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

Thanks for the oinfo Tim, I might look into this myself. As the seat in my rig suck to. Hope all is well up there Michael :cheers:

5. Dianna

Dianna

Media:
    Albums:
    Seats from an extended cab bolt right in, they are the 60/40 reclining with an armrest. Pretty comfy, I picked mine up for 50 bucks!

6. vtcruiser60

vtcruiser60 SILVER Star

I have a 96 Taco ext cab with the 60/40 adjustable seats just mentioned. They suck. My wife thinks the truck is very uncomfortable and protests all the time when we have to use it.

We have actually debated whether to check with recovering them altogether.

7. Curran

Curran

Much easier said than done. I could get a new set of PRP seats for less than many decent sets of SR5 seeats go for around here. I'd love to find an affordable set though.

8. bkg

bkg

Last set i bought was $75. I actually turned down (I'm dumb) another set in great condition for FREE.

They are out there and plentiful and cheap. Heck, I have a friend who bought a set of front and rear gen2 4Runner SR5 seats and door panels in leather for < $350 frm a wrecking yard - in near perfect shape, iirc.

9. Box Rocket

Box Rocket

Media:
    Albums:
    Civic seats in my '93

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006