‘94 model 80 needs a new fuel pump.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Of course the one from Toyota would be the best choice but before I do, are there any suggestions of an alternative that’s close to as good? Trying to save a dollar can work out sometimes and be a disaster at others.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Same part as the Toyota iteration for a fraction of the price in Denso form. Plus you get the other bits and pieces you need at the same time.

This is what I recommend to all of my clients.

The sock on Denso 950-0133 is larger, looks closer to factory? Depending on vendor, ordering the pump, Denso 951-0003 and sock, Denso 952-0030 saves a few bucks. From Rockauto that combo is ~$110, the kit with the same parts is ~$136. plus the ride.

Thanks for the advice! Went with this one....

CE0DE85C-818D-4D82-A12A-F9A21CCC56A7.jpeg

It's not a big deal either if you do not want to get a denso, (although you should). Since these are easy to pull compared to the previous gen, it's a 1-2 hour job going slowly

Glad to hear it.
I got the Denso, cured the problems, stall no start at 222k miles, ater checking everything else, i.e. spark. relays, etc. .

The gasket on the bottom of the pump that holds or cleats the pump to the housing......my denso kit didn’t come with a new one and this one is shot. Anyone have a part number for that? It goes down here:

Does anyone know the flow rating of the stock pump? I'm curious because the connections (both wiring and plumbing) appear identical to the stock Subaru WRX/STI pumps (also Denso) of which I literally have 100's of brand new in a box.

23217-16490 this is the part number I used to order mine a couple days ago. I ordered from toyotapartsdeal.com. Never ordered anything from them before though.

Edit: whoops just saw you’re looking for the gasket not the tank filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom