94 LC Wont Turn Over? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the truck was working fine after all repairs for a few months. Then I was driving it and I stopped at a stoplight. It just died. I waited for a few minutes and it started up again. I drove it a few blocks and it died again. So I pulled over and ran to get another battery because the last battery had been drained. So I figured it was the battery. Nope. New battery didn't work. So then I went to go get gas thinking that the fuel float in the gas tank went bad. Put new gas, tried to crank it. Nope. Waited about 10 minutes. Tried again, and it turned on and I was able to get it back home. Left it in the garage for a few days. Cranked it and it turned on and then died real fast. That was a few days ago. Ever since it wont turn on. It cranks just fine, but no start.

It started bogging down, and then the lights went dim and it died. Then after it got started and died the second time, it just cut out driving and died, didnt bog that much, just died.

Ideas?

For those who don't know about my other rebuild thread, here are some of the items I replaced so far: it has a new battery, new starter, new alternator, new plugs, new wires, new dizzy, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, oil changed, new fluids, new air filter, oil filter, lots of new gaskets, etc

heres a pic of what I see on the dash

lights.jpg

I will try this and report back:

No CEL when key is on, if I'm seeing it right.
I'd start with grounds, beginning at the batt neg terminal, terminal ring, and go from there.
Lots of info here to t-shoot just that symptom. Truck will not run w/o CEL prior to crank.

15A not blown and parts doesn't have a EFI Relay. Ordered one and will try Monday and report back.

Last edited:
Does the CEL not come on, as it appears in photo?

No CEL, so 15A checked out good and they didnt have a EFI in stock, have to wait till monday

You seem to be throwing parts at it versus some electrical fault finding. Get a meter and check the 12V as it traverses from the battery, through the fusible links and to the various fuses, relays etc.

As stated above, no CEL (assuming the bulb is functional...) and it will not start/run since there's no power to the ECU. It'll still crank.

Just because it cranks doesn't mean that a fusible link hasn't failed. I would be measuring voltages and checking that all the electrical connections are secure and tight.

Also, at least in my lingo, engine turning over is the same as cranking... A better description is that it turns over/cranks, but won't start.

cheers,
george.

You seem to be throwing parts at it versus some electrical fault finding. Get a meter and check the 12V as it traverses from the battery, through the fusible links and to the various fuses, relays etc.

As stated above, no CEL (assuming the bulb is functional...) and it will not start/run since there's no power to the ECU. It'll still crank.

Just because it cranks doesn't mean that a fusible link hasn't failed. I would be measuring voltages and checking that all the electrical connections are secure and tight.

Also, at least in my lingo, engine turning over is the same as cranking... A better description is that it turns over/cranks, but won't start.

cheers,
george.
You are exactly right, I am hoping this works. I'm hoping its the EFI ($8 part and tons of time saved). If not, then I guess down the fricken rabbit hole I go, I just want lololol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom