94 - KZJ78 Factory Wireless Key Fob? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently imported a 94 KZJ78 Prado from Japan, while going through the service documents I found a page pertaining to a key fob to unlock and lock the doors. I can’t find any information about this online and didn’t receive a fob with the vehicle. I’ve since gotten into the driver side door and traced some wires to a module that looks like it’s from Toyota but also can’t find a model number that corresponds with anything online. Anyone have any idea how I can track down a key for this? The programming instructions are included in the manual I have.

Thanks for anyone’s help, I truly appreciate it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

From a google search on my end. The drawing of the key on your paperwork looks a lot like this:

Link: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b1075269598 (item is sold but sharing link so you can get an idea of what you are looking for)

View attachment 3312665
Wow this is super helpful, thank you so much! That’s definitely the key I’m looking for, may I ask what you googled to find that? I’ve definitely deep dived on google images looking for a matching key with no luck.

I used some of the Japanese text from the photo of the front page you shared and added "KZJ78". The image came up.

Search term "トヨタ純正ワイヤレスドアリモコン KZJ78"

However the link behind the image on google is some kind of bogus weird site so I just used the yahoo auction ID (shown in red circle below) and plugged that into yahoo auctions to find the actual listing.

key2.JPG

Most likely there is a key replacement part number on one of the pages of that booklet.

This is super cool, I hope you get the system working! I've installed aftermarket systems in my 78 and 71 and never knew this existed and never came across a KZJ or LJ for sale with this optional system installed.

I thought about it for a quick minute and realized the key pictured looks familiar - I had one very similar for my Mark II JZX100. Some google searching and I found the control box you pictured, along with the harness:

Just an idea - if you can't manage to find the key pictured in the manual easily or at a fair price, perhaps you could buy an entire system used. It looks to be plug and play, and they key you get with the replacement module would already be programmed/linked to each other. Good luck, and looking forward to seeing the final results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom