'94 KZJ78 A/C Compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon y'all!
The clutch in my A/C got completely seized and stopped working. At first, there was a "chirping sound" coming from the engine for a while and then the truck stopped blowing cold air. When I inspected it, I found some sort of metal shavings coming off between the clutch and the compressor itself. I have been doing research on this and I've found a couple of people saying the Denso 471-1167 is sort of like a plug-and-play unit and is honestly the best price I've found and can easily source. Does anyone know if this is correct? I've also found a thread posted here about the Denso 447200-2380 which also crosses to a John Deere compressor. Surprisingly, the compressor that comes as a John Deere is the picture that comes up when you look at Partsouq so it only adds to my confusion.

Does anyone have experience swapping the compressor assembly and know which part number they ordered? this weekend I am taking the truck to get the freon evacuated to remove and further inspect the damage and see what part number is listed on the back. any information will be appreciated! thank you all for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom