94 intermittent no start no crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
So for some time my 94 cruiser has had this issue. Starter will click when engaged but no start. I could turn the key about 15 times then it would start. Has taken more lately.
New denso 2k starter installed. Problem followed.
New starter power cable, new ground to block, and new battery to chassis installed. Problem followed.

Im kind of out of ideas and cant seem to find a solution in other posts here. Thanks in advance.

Do you get a MIL (engine light) when the key is "ON"? If not, you do not have power to the ECU. The manual is in the Resources section.

If you have a new starter, it's unlikely to be the typical solenoid failure. Have you tried bypassing the key switch?

Have you tried following the troubleshooting procedure in the FSM and didn't find the problem? After you investigate the usual suspects, it's best to use the factory logic to solve the problem.

Kind of hard to help without more information.

If you’ve triple checked/cleaned your connections/grounds…

Could be your ignition switch going bad in your steering column.

OR

Maybe your switch in your gear shift lever is not reliably working. Jiggle the shift lever in park and try again.

My $$ is 28 year old wiring not giving ‘enough’ juice to the starter. Wire up a $15 relay that will give your starter juice directly from the battery. This is a jury rig fix…bit it can be done easy, clean & cheap and it works. Will last for years…and years.

I did this to my 62 15 years ago and to my 60 4 years ago. Still at it with no issues.

Hey all,
So for some time my 94 cruiser has had this issue. Starter will click when engaged but no start. I could turn the key about 15 times then it would start. Has taken more lately.
New denso 2k starter installed. Problem followed.
New starter power cable, new ground to block, and new battery to chassis installed. Problem followed.

Im kind of out of ideas and cant seem to find a solution in other posts here. Thanks in advance.
Try this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom