94 Heater hose, need help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just use a piece of 5/8” bulk hose and go around the air tube when I do these in 93-94s. Costs around $2.50 for that much hose.
I sure that works, I prefer the stock routing.

That’s also my only original heater hose left that hasn’t been replaced. And I currently have the cooling system drained....so guess this is a sign from the MUD gods to replace it haha. Thanks @Broski for the thread and @ARB777 for the Gates number. Ordered!

I sure that works, I prefer the stock routing.
Then use green stripe, which can follow the stock routing without kinking and cutting off flow.

Personally, I prefer hoses that can be replaced with bulk hose as, knowing my luck, it’s going to have an issue when I’m not able to go and get another formed hose.

Then use green stripe, which can follow the stock routing without kinking and cutting off flow.

Personally, I prefer hoses that can be replaced with bulk hose as, knowing my luck, it’s going to have an issue when I’m not able to go and get another formed hose.
1614952020483.png

Good morning Richard
AS you can see I keep the engine Bay pretty Clean, this helps me keep a close eye on things, the bottom is just about as clean and dry, This way I know right a way if theirs a leak and where. If you look at the heater control valve you see I use Gates green Stripe for any none formed hose. I have a 3' peace of it in the jack storage area with me at all times for side of the road or trail repairs.
1614953251263.png
I would still be interested in coming out to wheel with you, in following your post you seem like a good Guy, Not sure what happened in Moab a few years back, If I said something wrong I apologize !!!

Cheers ;)

View attachment 2603855
Good morning Richard
AS you can see I keep the engine Bay pretty Clean, this helps me keep a close eye on things, the bottom is just about as clean and dry, This way I know right a way if theirs a leak and where. If you look at the heater control valve you see I use Gates green Stripe for any none formed hose. I have a 3' peace of it in the jack storage area with me at all times for side of the road or trail repairs. View attachment 2603873I would still be interested in coming out to wheel with you, in following your post you seem like a good Guy, Not sure what happened in Moab a few years back, If I said something wrong I apologize !!!

Cheers ;)
Yours is definitely far cleaner than mine!

Moab was fun! We were just driving slower. After Moab, life got in the way and continues to do so even now. Sadly free time is a rare commodity for me anymore.

View attachment 2603855
Good morning Richard
AS you can see I keep the engine Bay pretty Clean, this helps me keep a close eye on things, the bottom is just about as clean and dry, This way I know right a way if theirs a leak and where. If you look at the heater control valve you see I use Gates green Stripe for any none formed hose. I have a 3' peace of it in the jack storage area with me at all times for side of the road or trail repairs. View attachment 2603873I would still be interested in coming out to wheel with you, in following your post you seem like a good Guy, Not sure what happened in Moab a few years back, If I said something wrong I apologize !!!

Cheers ;)

Couple quick observations:

The hose going into the pair valve from the intake box has a crack in it. I don’t think that hose is available from Toyota anymore, but we’ve had decent luck with wrapping a bit of 3M super 33 around it and then replacing the clamp.

Your 1fz sticker is probably the only straight one I’ve ever seen, that includes ones put on by Toyota on 93s.

Couple quick observations:

The hose going into the pair valve from the intake box has a crack in it. I don’t think that hose is available from Toyota anymore, but we’ve had decent luck with wrapping a bit of 3M super 33 around it and then replacing the clamp.

Your 1fz sticker is probably the only straight one I’ve ever seen, that includes ones put on by Toyota on 93s.
Good eye, surprised I have not noticed that crack!!

How’s the hose holding up? I picked the same one on Amazon after reading Joeys post a few months ago. Before that post I was searched high and low and didn’t find a replacement. The original hose went out while on the road and quick fixed it with another hose (just bent to hell). I haven’t got around to installing the replacement, but will be doing it soon.

richardlillard1 said:
I had a similar crack in that PAIR vacuum hose. From CDan: "The part number was 17342-66010, it was discontinued several years ago. There is a V6 Tacoma radiator hose that can be used as a substitute for it. 16572-07040."

I used 16572-07040, it fit well.

Last edited:
Was searching for just this exact info and thank you for providing. My rear / heater hoses still have those "most hated" cotter pin type clamps on them, and I read on another thread to twist the pin/loop counter clockwise to remove? This my first time messing with these so any other quick removal tips appreciated. Not using them to reinstall...

Last edited:
Just installed this hose as preventive Maintenance. I found that it was a perfect fit !!
Hi folks, have been looking for the solution to replacing this hose, and as usual MUD provides. That said; I have an eBay seller that is advertising the 07040 hose as being the same as 16572-62090 difference being that 62090 is jpm. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Hi folks, have been looking for the solution to replacing this hose, and as usual MUD provides. That said; I have an eBay seller that is advertising the 07040 hose as being the same as 16572-62090 difference being that 62090 is jpm. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
This will do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom