94 FZJ80 Radiator (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there an easy way to determine if a radiator has already been replaced? Noticed several leaks in coolant system early today, perhaps brought on by the recent extreme cold weather. Ordering several replacement hoses and clamps and wasn't sure whether it makes sense to tackle radiator too since I'll likely flush the system shortly too.

Is there an easy way to determine if a radiator has already been replaced? Noticed several leaks in coolant system early today, perhaps brought on by the recent extreme cold weather. Ordering several replacement hoses and clamps and wasn't sure whether it makes sense to tackle radiator too since I'll likely flush the system shortly too.
Should be a TRad sticker about 1" square near the neck of the radiator.

Post a pic of yours and we can let you know.

I just bought one last week. $444 plus tax.

Should be a TRad sticker about 1" square near the neck of the radiator.

Post a pic of yours and we can let you know.

I just bought one last week. $444 plus tax.
That assumes it would be replaced with OEM. Or not replaced.

OP: If you don't know how old it is, it's relatively cheap insurance to replace it. Of course, this advice is coming from Arizona, where we are much more concerned about cooling capacity than those of you with actual seasons.

The original radiator that came with the truck would not have a sticker but instead white printed lettering in the plastic stating part number etc. Later replacement OEM toyota radiators have the sticker that says TRad , the OEM manufacturer. At least my new 1994 was like this.

Last edited:

94CruiserRI If you do end up buying a new radiator you might want to think about spending a little extra money and going with a factory radiator. I replaced the original factory radiator in my 1994 2 years ago after 27 years of leak free use.​

I would like to add a word of caution, if you buy your new factory radiator from an online Toyota dealership. Ask whoever your buying it from to please add some extra padding and double box it BEFORE THEY SHIP IT. The reason i say this, the factory box that the radiator comes in is a thin piece of crap.​

Below you'll find a photo of the factory box that my new radiator shipped in. Please take note of how little padding is inside this box to hold your radiator from moving around. Also note how beat up that padding is, then notice the nice big hole that the shipper poked in the box just to the upper right of center.​

1610062157556-png.2546914

94CruiserRI If you do end up buying a new radiator you might want to think about spending a little extra money and going with a factory radiator. I replaced the original factory radiator in my 1994 2 years ago after 27 years of leak free use.​

I would like to add a word of caution, if you buy your new factory radiator from an online Toyota dealership. Ask whoever your buying it from to please add some extra padding and double box it BEFORE THEY SHIP IT. The reason i say this, the factory box that the radiator comes in is a thin piece of crap.​

Below you'll find a photo of the factory box that my new radiator shipped in. Please take note of how little padding is inside this box to hold your radiator from moving around. Also note how beat up that padding is, then notice the nice big hole that the shipper poked in the box just to the upper right of center.​

Was the radiator ok? Who did you buy it from?

Ditto this post. I had to send my OEM radiator back to Olathe Toyota due to damage. Second one was sent double boxed.

Same experience. OEM damaged on arrival. Had to send back and wait several weeks for a new one.

The OEM radiator I bought in 2014 had a bit of damage but was OK because factory packaging sucks.

This one started leaking after I flushed the cooling system and installed all new hoses. The top tank has started to leak next to the PS. Time for a new one.

I just bought a new OEM radiator 12/21/22 from Olathe Toyota and walked in to pick it up. The one end of the box was torn and damaged, so we opened the box on the counter before I walked out with it. It was OK and no visible damage, but their packaging still sucks.

$444 plus tax.

Still need to install it. Been too damn cold.

Last edited:
Was the radiator ok? Who did you buy it from?
After seeing how beat up my radiators shipping box was, i think i got lucky that it was okay, i bought it from Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Toyota Parts Deal - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com Current price for that radiator from them is $338.05 plus shipping, and tax.
If i had to do it over again i think i would spend a little extra and do like BILT4ME did in the comment above, and go into a dealership to buy it. That way you can inspect it before you pay for it, and if it's damaged the dealership has to deal with the return shipping.

After seeing how beat up my radiators shipping box was, i think i got lucky that it was okay, i bought it from Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Toyota Parts Deal - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com Current price for that radiator from them is $338.05 plus shipping, and tax.
If i had to do it over again i think i would spend a little extra and do like BILT4ME did in the comment above, and go into a dealership to buy it. That way you can inspect it before you pay for it, and if it's damaged the dealership has to deal with the return shipping.
FYI I shopped at McGeorge Toyota, and their website said "unavailable" so they don't want to ship it.

I know it's not OEM, but I'm very happy with the last all metal replacement I put in mine. I assume yours a 1994 model, so it'll be the same one I used. I got mine used (thanks Dave), but I sent it out for disassembly, cleaning and reassembly, so it's a s good as new (or maybe better). I know the plastic tank models last, but I like being able to have it taken apart and cleaned/repaired as needed, which you can only do with an all metal unit.

Capo Valley Toyota will ship them. Price isn't as good as toyotapartsdeals.com. ? With ths MUD discount, might get close.

Screenshot_20221227_180629_Chrome.jpg

If money was no object, I'd of went with a Ron Davis Racing Aluminum radiator. At 1200 bucks, plus shipping and tax, that's just a little too rich for my blood, but boy o boy does he ever build a killer radiator.

Agreed it's pretty, but who's going to see it?

At the same price as OEM, with a plastic (unserviceable) tank, you can get a new brass and copper cooler, and a new set of tires. And have beer money.

Soapbox dismount.

I know it's not OEM, but I'm very happy with the last all metal replacement I put in mine. I assume yours a 1994 model, so it'll be the same one I used. I got mine used (thanks Dave), but I sent it out for disassembly, cleaning and reassembly, so it's a s good as new (or maybe better). I know the plastic tank models last, but I like being able to have it taken apart and cleaned/repaired as needed, which you can only do with an all metal unit.
Metal radiators are the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom