94 FZJ80 Fender Flair Rubber Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decided to change the fender flair rubber gasket. It was toast and painted over. Material list before I started:

UV fender flair gasket from member Jamisobe
Clips incase I broke them (I did)

Clips.JPG

All 3 fender flairs came off pretty easy.

The front fender had 3 10mm nuts attached along the top accessed from holes inside the engine compartment. One clip and 2 screws one in the front and one in back under the side step front cap.

The rear door has 2 10mm bolts, one easily seen at the top when you open the door and the other is underneath in the rubber skirt. It also has one clip

The rear fender has 2 10mm nuts accessed from the jack stow compartment, one clip and 1 screw. You have to remove the mud flap to get access to the screw in the bottom/back.

photo 1.JPG

Before and after
photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo.JPG

What is different about the UV fender flare gaskets you have compared to OEM? Other colors available? Got a photo of an uninstalled gasket?

Here is a pic of the fender flair gasket from Jamisobe

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1401027181.439792.jpg

Profile looks a bit different than OEM, curves outward (convex) instead of inward (concave).

No adhesive on the body-side either. The factory gaskets stick to the flare AND the body. More important for the 95-97 plastic flares than the 91-94 fiberglass flares.

CDan: what colors are still available OEM, and are there any other models (Tundra,etc) that have fender flare gaskets that might work for our trucks?

Colors are black, maroon, white, grey, beige. I have not attempted to substitute another application since the correct ones are all still available.

Thanks

More pics for the visual learners like myself.

PS right rear fender

photo 3 (3).JPG

Remove the rear panel to access the 2 10mm nuts

photo 2 (3).JPG

10mm screw under the rear mud flap

photo 1 (3).JPG

PS right front. You need to take the air cleaner out, remove the front 10mm nut for the air thingy in the fender, leave the other side alone, push the loose half of the air thingy down into the fender towards the front out of the way to get to the other 2 nuts. The third 10mm nut is accessed from the hole near the fire wall. Don't drop'm in the fender:(
photo 1 (6).JPG
photo 2 (6).JPG

I need to re-attach the rear driver side flare to my 1994 (in my profile pic) and need some new clips. Can anyone help me get them? The flare is kind of just hanging there and the seal is rotted. Any thoughts? I tried to order from the local Toyota dealer and apparently these little parts are very hard to come by. DIsclaimer: This is my first Land Cruiser and I need all the help I can get.

White "pin", flare side, 90249-06132.
Yellow "clip", body side, 90467-09077.

Any Toyota dealer can get them.

anybody have the trim [gasket] p/n's? my truck is white, though the gasket actually looks gray or beigish but i will take all numbers before I decide which to order if anyone knows them?

thanks

doug

For what year model?

CDan, not to hijack. but what would a full set of oem black cost for a 94?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom