'94 electric window problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do I need to remove the door panel and re-install the window in the track (rear passenger side). Does it need to be lubed and how do I remove the door panel for access? Thanks!

A buddy of mine has a 94 that was having the same problems (seemed to happen most when the window was about 1/2 way down) - he put some wire on the end of the track so that it couldn't fall out when in this postion...

I know that isn't the answer to your question, but if you are going to be in the door anyway...

I have a 94 and mine does the same thing! It is not very hard to pull the panel off and slide the little whit thing back in the track. It seems slide out every now and then.

Tim

Cdan posted a solution a few months ago. Mine did the same thing. I added a small L bracket(.23 cents) with PC7 epoxy to the rail. I removed alittle of the L bracket with a dremel. About half way down the delrin wheel should reach the end of the track and roll back in. This L bracket kept the wheel from falling off the end of track. Its been 2 years since no problem.
I think you can also tap the rail assembly with a mallet to get the additonal space needed for the scissor arm.
Good luck.
CB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom