94 Cruiser- Starter wouldn't stop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mckinleygriffen.com
Hello,
1994 Land Cruiser 4 door. Automatic.
My starter was acting up, so I hit it with a stick to make it work. Then, one day it would not stop. When I shut off ignition, it tried to start. I pulled the ignition fuse to stop it. Left it out to avoid electrical issues.
New starter will arrive this afternoon. I am under educated when it comes to repair.
Wondering:
1) Will the computer need to be reset once I put the new starter on?
2) Any other tips/ advice is greatly appreciated.

A sincere thanks to experienced folks willing to educate me.

Hello,
1994 Land Cruiser 4 door. Automatic.
My starter was acting up, so I hit it with a stick to make it work. Then, one day it would not stop. When I shut off ignition, it tried to start. I pulled the ignition fuse to stop it. Left it out to avoid electrical issues.
New starter will arrive this afternoon. I am under educated when it comes to repair.
Wondering:
1) Will the computer need to be reset once I put the new starter on?
2) Any other tips/ advice is greatly appreciated.

A sincere thanks to experienced folks willing to educate me.

The starter is a rebuilt by World Class/ Worldwide. Thought I would rebuild the one I take off, which is original.
Thanks for the help .... Yeah, realized I put it in the wrong place ... just par for the week!

You can rebuild the original one that you removed using OEM starter contact kit and return the rebuilt one from where you bought it.

I have the same problem now occasionally, but I'm pretty sure it's in the switch in the column. My contacts aren't very old.

No, you don't need to reset the ECU when you pull the starter, but since you need to disconnect the battery anyway (don't forget to do this!) it will be reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom