94 80 series starting problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I have a 94 80 series and suddenly I have a starting problem. Yesterday I tried to start it and there was a single click and then nothing. The battery and alternator are almost new. The power is fine - all the dash lights are on and I've got a full charge. I thought the after market remote start might be the problem so I disconnected it, unplugged the battery, reconnected the battery and it restarted. So it was the after market remote starter then... Nope - next day (today) thing happened but this time the remote start was disconnected and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery did not help. I have power but somewhere between battery, key and starter something is hosed. Can someone help please ? thanks...

I'm definitely a rookie/noobie but wouldn't the fusible link being a problem mean no power at all ?

Starter contacts. Look in the faq (sticky thread at top of 80 series forum).

ok - will check these things out as soon as I can get over to where it stopped running. thanks!!

All I can say is RTFAQ. What fixed it was disconnecting the positive terminal and used some sandpaper to clean the gunk off the fusible links and it started right up. Thanks for helping a semi-clueless newby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom