94 4runner brake issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my 94 4runner was having intermitent brake problems, the pedel would drop to the floor everyonce in a while, the next pump after that would be more solid. i figured that it was the master so that was swaped and i lost all pedel, now no matter what i do i cant get presure at the wheels ive also replaced all the soft lines and cheaked all the hard lines and fittings, no kinks or blocked lines found. ive also blead about 2 gallons of fluid through at this point. anyone have any thoughts?

Where did you get the Master Cylinder? Cuz I'm still suspecting that.

From orileys, its the third new one ive put one beleving that that was still the issue, i know i should have put on a real yota one but moneys tight. i rigged up some dummy lines to cheak and see if i was holding pressure at the master and the pedel was rock hard.

I've a couple of thoughts, but it's easier to just type Read Me and also Read This Too.

:D Then tell you to verify your master cylinder is a 1-1/16" bore and check your line pressures as the FSM says, I just went through this issue myself. The tech as far as the FSM for the pressures apply to factory and lifted height vehicles. If you have done a lift, with either 80 series coils, FJC coils, or other method the LSPV bracket heights need to be adjusted for the respective heights. **Does not apply to leaf swapped vehicles with eliminated LSPV's or any rig running bigger than 33" tires.

Please, read through the tech there and I'll be sure to watch to see if there's anything else you'll need in this thread.

**Also keep in mind that with any master cylinder that's a reman or aftermarket you cannot visually inspect the bore without having to open it up. Toyota factory parts have "Aisin" and the bore size emblazoned on the part.

mastercylinder.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom