93 Tlc Rattle Under Load (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK. It's been a while but I have finally pinpointed where the sound is coming from and it may be hard to describe.
The sound is emanating from under the front of the engine. If you use the old screwdriver to the ear trick you can hear sort of a knocking sound. The sound is being amplified to a tinny, sort of pinging sound thru the metal in the pan. As soon as I touched the screwdriver to the bottom of the pan the amplified noise went away. It only took a light touch. With the screwdriver or anything else touching the bottom of the pan you can feel it but can only hear the slightest bit of noise.
I have no idea what it could be. During oil changes there is absolutely nothing on the drain plug magnet and the LC is running perfect.
The sound cannot be heard in cold weather conditions.

Last edited:
I still say pre-detonation especially under load and warm weather as you continue to describe. The computer does it's job, but won't eliminate it completely. Try running octane booster with high-test and adjust your timing way down and see if that changes anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom