'93 fzj80 /w 127k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.binarydesigninc.com
I have an FJ62 so these DOHC beasts are forigen to me. But, a friend of mine has come to for my general LC and mechanical knowledge. He has found a white '93 with 127k miles on it. Does not know if it has lockers yet but I will be checking it out this evening.

The seller is asking $8700 for this AZ truck that is, according to my friend, in flawless cosmetic condition. So I need to know 2 things.

1. 8700 is high KBB, but is it reasonably high?

2. Anything I should look at, things you wish you had looked at on yours...

Thanks a lot!

I did search but could not find a definative list of things to review on the truck.

Check birfields and ask if they have ever been serviced, check heater hose on rear of block for leaks. ask for any service and maintenance records. And always look for rust. Make sure it doesnt overheat (head gasket)

trucruiser said:
check heater hose on rear of block for leaks. ask for any service and maintenance records.

Amen. I didn't have the benefit of this website at the time, and I didn't check this out first, and had the joy of changing that little beast 2 mos. after I bought it.

:cheers:

'93 with that low a mileage, if it has lockers and is as advertised, then they may just get $8700. The fact that it's white makes it even more desirable. hehehe

import silvia said:
I did search but could not find a definative list of things to review on the truck.

I will straight up call you a liar! This has been asked and gone over 10000000 times! Ok, maybe 99999999, but its still a lot!

Search Again and try slees site!

:flipoff2:

Boston Mangler said:
I will straight up call you a liar! This has been asked and gone over 10000000 times! Ok, maybe 99999999, but its still a lot!

Search Again and try slees site!

:flipoff2:

I didn't say I searched a lot, but I did go through the FAQ, and did not think of slee. The guy didn't give me much time to assemble my points of inspection list.

Anyways, very straight, clean, white, non-locked 80 with realativly low miles, and a full list of factory service records. Out the door for 8k.
;)

So you bought it?

cabron said:
So you bought it?

yeah, 'cuz if you didn't, i want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom