93 Fzj80 Sputtering and stuttering rough idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rig died on me on a trail while on an incline. The symptom pointed to a fuel pump because it felt like fuel was not reaching the injectors. After getting it towed the EFI relay and a throttle sensor was replaced after a code was read.
I though it fixed the problem but a few days later the RPM started to jump erratically and stalls during stops and would sputter during acceleration.
I then replaced in order:
fusible link
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Ignition coil
Distributor and cap
All these new parts did not fixed the issue. The injectors had been replaced in the past as a PM and spark plugs and cables are fairly new. What finally fixed the problem was a brand new ICM. I hope this will help others with a similar issue.

My rig died on me on a trail while on an incline. The symptom pointed to a fuel pump because it felt like fuel was not reaching the injectors. After getting it towed the EFI relay and a throttle sensor was replaced after a code was read.
I though it fixed the problem but a few days later the RPM started to jump erratically and stalls during stops and would sputter during acceleration.
I then replaced in order:
fusible link
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Ignition coil
Distributor and cap
All these new parts did not fixed the issue. The injectors had been replaced in the past as a PM and spark plugs and cables are fairly new. What finally fixed the problem was a brand new ICM. I hope this will help others with a similar issue.
What's an ICM?

ICM.

Do you really mean:
Engine Control Module (also referred to through the FSM as the Engine ECU)
Igniter
Ignition Coil
Ignition Switch
?

There's not an ICM on a 93. See the attached EWD from the 94 FSM.

Attachments

• 50-51_startign.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 73
ICM.

Do you really mean:
Engine Control Module (also referred to through the FSM as the Engine ECU)
Igniter
Ignition Coil
Ignition Switch
?

There's not an ICM on a 93. See the attached EWD from the 94 FSM.
Sorry I guess the proper name to the part that fixed my issue is called "ignitor" PN 89621-26010

15972743229838424984253446279134.jpg

Sorry I guess the proper name to the part that fixed my issue is called "ignitor" PN 89621-26010

View attachment 2402266
Thank you!

I asked that and pushed for it, not because I'm a dick (well, yes, I am) but, more importantly for the NEXT guy that has a similar issue and you will have helped them by posting your info.

@BILT4ME :
No worries. Just hope I can contribute and help others . I know it solved mine and perhaps it may not apply to others but I want to throw it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom