'93 for sale with diffs. for $7K in CO

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=7925;start=msg66826#msg66826 date=1069607021]
We inspected that truck. Going to need some engine work. It has a nasty case of piston slap.
[/quote]

wow -- what causes piston slap?? are the rings shot?? how much to fix, do you think??

eric

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
eh, don't forget that according to the site, the truck *also* has front *and* rear differentials!
<G>
E

Has anybody checked if this thing has elockers. The motor is no prob but Iam having trouble finding factory lockers.

I should say also that I don't want to support my local specialized Toyota recycler. A hint their name ryhmes with crap. :D

sleeoffroad

Supporting Vendor
Website
www.sleeoffroad.com
I think it had lockers. Have to check tomorrow with Robbie. The piston slap is probably from a broken or collapsed ring. It is not bad, but will get worse pretty soon. I think if you offer the dealer $5k you might even get it. Been there for a while and the dealer is not that big.

You can buy it, wheel the #@$&# out of it and change motors when it goes. It is a good platform for a DIY'er with a spare motor in the back yard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom