'93 for sale with diffs. for $7K in CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=7925;start=msg66826#msg66826 date=1069607021]
We inspected that truck. Going to need some engine work. It has a nasty case of piston slap.
[/quote]

wow -- what causes piston slap?? are the rings shot?? how much to fix, do you think??

eric

eh, don't forget that according to the site, the truck *also* has front *and* rear differentials!
<G>
E

Driver's air bag? :whoops:

We got us a Crack smoker on our hands....... :flipoff2:

Has anybody checked if this thing has elockers. The motor is no prob but Iam having trouble finding factory lockers.

I should say also that I don't want to support my local specialized Toyota recycler. A hint their name ryhmes with crap. :D

I think it had lockers. Have to check tomorrow with Robbie. The piston slap is probably from a broken or collapsed ring. It is not bad, but will get worse pretty soon. I think if you offer the dealer $5k you might even get it. Been there for a while and the dealer is not that big.

You can buy it, wheel the #@$&# out of it and change motors when it goes. It is a good platform for a DIY'er with a spare motor in the back yard.

somebody beat me to it! that dealer should pay forthis advertisement! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom