93 fj 80 center diff lock working 75 percent of time. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 land cruiser in rapid city South Dakota
I put in slee's center diff lock switch.
replaced both (button switches) on the transfer case.

Do I need to do the 7th pin mod for this to work?

Every time I go to work on it, it is working. When I am out in the woods not so much.

Not sure what all else controls the diff lock, Or what to replace next.

Thanks for any help and links to possible fixes.

There are actually 3 "Button Switches" on the transfer case. Which ones did you replace? The pin 7 mod only disables automatic lockup when shifting into low. You are reporting the opposite condition.

Two on the rear extension, one at 1-2 o'clock location looking forward is the 4LOW position which detects shifting in to low range, second at 10-11 o'clock detects when the transfer is moved into neutral. The third is at the front top by the front shaft which senses/confirms that the center diff has actually locked. That turns on the CDL dash light and in turn signals the ABS ECU to disable the system which turns on the ABS dash light..

OK, anyone parting out a 93 cruiser? I am pretty convinced that it is the Differential lock computer. The same part that you do the pin modification to. Any one have a working one that they are willing to part with? And how much? Or where can I buy one. Calling my local Toyota place on Monday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom