93 Cruiser Egr Modulator

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by ABATTAG, Aug 16, 2005.

1. ABATTAG

ABATTAG

My 93 Cruiser (201,000 Miles) Has Been Running Really Bad, The Idle Has Been Jumping Everywhere In Idle. I Went To Two Dealerships And Had No Luck In Them Finding A Problem. I Installed Plugs, Wires Cap Rotor And Cruiser Was Still Running Bad. I Just Pulled Out The Hose That Goes Into The Modulator From The Egr Valve And Presto!!!!! Engine Is Running Like It Was Assembled Yesterday. No More Hesitation Off The Line. Anyway Should I Change The Egr And Modulator Or Just Leave As Is? Any Suggestions? Looks Kind Of Weird With A Hose Sticking Up In The Air, But Hey, Whatever Works Right? Thanks Fellow Cruiser Alumni!!!

2. Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim

Just changed mine due to poor performance. ('97 200K) Big difference once it was changed out. My EGR had a hole rusted in it.
    The big nut on the EGR valve itself was bitch to get loose. Had to remove the hood to get a big wrench to fit on it. Sounds like the EGR may be your problem.

3. PHAEDRUS

PHAEDRUS

with that hose off there is open vacuum in you system.
    Not a good place to be in my opinion,
    just fix it.....
    Dave

4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Mine had a bit of an exhaust leak with the vacuum line unconnected from the bottom of the EGR vacuum modulator. It ran fine, but had a definite exhaust leak sound when under acceleration. I hooked the vacuum line back up, and the leak went away. Magic. I looked into the prices of the EGR and modulator. Not that expensive, as Land Cruiser parts go. Give Dan a call. I think I remember it was less than $200 for everything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.