93-94 axle swap to 95-97 fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

txgringo

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a set of locked axles on a 94. I'm looking to swap them onto a 97. I have read that "there are differences" in these years (93-94 vs 95-97) but I have not been able to find any threads that explain exactly what's different. Is it just the ABS sensors? wiring harnesses? plugs? all of the above?

I have confirmed that the locker ECU is the same part number for all years but have not inspected the wiring or connectors. If anyone has first-hand knowledge of this and can explain the exact differences it would help a lot.

the birfields and drive flanges are different. the 95+ are longer birfs with a deeper drive flange. thats what they are talking about. any aftermarket birf will have a snap ring groove cut in both locations so they can be used in any truck.

You could also swap birfields and drive flanges while swapping the axles. This will give you the stronger drive flanges and splines.

i would cross that bridge when they needed to be built. pulling out the birfs is not a 5 minute job.

The sway bar mounts differently on a 95-97. The sway bar diameter is larger too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom