93-94 antenna fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just did this same repair on my '94 FZJ with parts from CDan. Took about two hours, mainly because I didn't notice that most of the old plastic cable was jammed in the metal tube that the antenna rides in, thanks to some car wash attendant. So, I had to take all that apart and clear the tube, then put it back together. All the parts from the Camry mod were exactly what was on my truck. Looks like someone had been in there once before. The plastic cable was not "swedged" on the drum (I'd say staked), but I could easily see the thin piece of metal on the drum that was asking to be staked in order to hold the cable captive.

All is running well.

Thanks Dan,

R.

Last edited:
I did the same repair on mine before I knew about Cruiserdan.

I used the metal core out of a blue butt end connector and a file to round off the outer edge so it would slide inside the mast to make my own swage. I also had to carve/trim the nylon lead, file down the threads on the mast nut, etc... It has held for 5? years.

Getting the right part is probably the easier solution. Mine didn't require reaching in at odd angles into the fender. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom