93-94 air flow meter AFM rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone ever had luck sending a 93-94 afm off for a rebuild? I stumbled across a company called Bavarian Restoration that specializes in electronics service for BMWs. One of the things they advertise is rebuilding Bosch/Denso AFMs. I emailed them and they said they have done them for the 80 series. $315 shipped. Seems a little high but given that I’m striking out finding a used or reman unit, I may try them out and see what happens.

when i needed one for my cruiser it took like 2 months to find one on ebay, and it wasnt that much cheaper than what they are talking. Those AFMs are only used for 93-94 1FZ cruisers and do no interchange with anything else, so there is little in the way of options sadly.

Look up item # 323762369674 on ebay. It's a guy who rebuilds/sells them. I bought one from him that, so far, has worked fine, and am thinking of sending my old one to him to rebuild since they're rare and expensive.

when i needed one for my cruiser it took like 2 months to find one on ebay, and it wasnt that much cheaper than what they are talking. Those AFMs are only used for 93-94 1FZ cruisers and do no interchange with anything else, so there is little in the way of options sadly.

Correct. And part of why I created this thread was to get updated resources. There’s some old posts floating around, but it seems like now that I’m searching high and low, I’ve found quite a few other folks that are also in this same situation.

Look up item # 323762369674 on ebay. It's a guy who rebuilds/sells them. I bought one from him that, so far, has worked fine, and am thinking of sending my old one to him to rebuild since they're rare and expensive.

Interesting. I found him and I may send him my current one. I’d like to find a used replacement first so that way I’ll have a spare. Thanks

Correct. And part of why I created this thread was to get updated resources. There’s some old posts floating around, but it seems like now that I’m searching high and low, I’ve found quite a few other folks that are also in this same situation.

Interesting. I found him and I may send him my current one. I’d like to find a used replacement first so that way I’ll have a spare. Thanks

Yes, and he sells used/refurbished ones as well. He should have a vendor profile. I think I paid around $100. So far, so good.

Interesting, wish i had known that at the time. I may have to send my old bad one in to get worked as a backup for longer wheeling trip as I could never be able to find one if the used one i tossed in were to fail.

It looks like he does also sell them: 22250-62060 Mass Air Flow Sensor MAF AFM For 1993-1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4.5L | eBay

Anyone ever had luck sending a 93-94 afm off for a rebuild? I stumbled across a company called Bavarian Restoration that specializes in electronics service for BMWs. One of the things they advertise is rebuilding Bosch/Denso AFMs. I emailed them and they said they have done them for the 80 series. $315 shipped. Seems a little high but given that I’m striking out finding a used or reman unit, I may try them out and see what happens.

I've used Bavarian Restoration for my BMW E30 afm and gauge cluster rebuild and have had great success. They do great work. Wonder if they could rebuild our clusters?

I don't know if this is correct or not, but I've read that the 91 to 95 Toyota MR2 with the 2.0L MFI Turbocharged vin S, 4 valve DOHC engine, that it's AFM will also work on 93, and 94 Land Cruisers.

I don't know if this is correct or not, but I've read that the 91 to 95 Toyota MR2 with the 2.0L MFI Turbocharged vin S, 4 valve DOHC engine, that it's AFM will also work on 93, and 94 Land Cruisers.

I’ve read that too. Although I didn’t dig as deep, it didn’t look like there’s much more availability on them.

This is the seller I purchased from: 93-94 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER MAF AFM MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR 4.5L 22250-66010 | eBay

The seller, at least, is located/registered in in South Carolina. Where the VAF comes from I do not know and, frankly, do not care. Also, a hint: look up his previous sales of the same item. IIRC, he has sold several for less than the price listed, so be sure to make him a lower offer.

Have you guys looked into going to Napa and have them send the unit out to get rebuilt? I had mine sent to get rebuilt a few yrs back but had to have it sent back a 2ND time because it was not calibrated. Since then, been working good. About week and a half turn around time.

This is the seller I purchased from: 93-94 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER MAF AFM MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR 4.5L 22250-66010 | eBay

The seller, at least, is located/registered in in South Carolina. Where the VAF comes from I do not know and, frankly, do not care. Also, a hint: look up his previous sales of the same item. IIRC, he has sold several for less than the price listed, so be sure to make him a lower offer.

I bought one from this guy last week, will report back once I get it.

I bought one from this guy last week, will report back once I get it.

Just to report back. The AFM does work as advertised. It seems like the spring tension on the door for the meter isn’t as good as the one that was on it, but I’ve put 3k-ish miles on the truck with this rebuilt unit and it does work.

Just to report back. The AFM does work as advertised. It seems like the spring tension on the door for the meter isn’t as good as the one that was on it, but I’ve put 3k-ish miles on the truck with this rebuilt unit and it does work.

Glad to hear. Mine is still working as advertised, although I haven't yet sent my old one to him for a rebuild. I will say that I did need to put new silicone to seal the top cap almost as soon as it arrived, but no issues after that.

Do you know the name of this vendor? I'm searching by item # but finding nothing.

I can't find you on ebay. Can you please post the link to your profile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom