93 1fze wont idle...help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you. I have the FSM downloaded and was looking at adjusting the TPS and cables as my next step using the voltmeter to adjust as I do not have guages.

See, I told you we'd kick you hard, then help you up.....

You got a great deal but if you continue pulling parts off the engine like you have been without reading the fsm you are going to cost yourself thousands.

Another note about these cars/engines: they reject non Toyota parts faster than you can unpack them from the amazon prime box. Buy Toyota parts ONLY

You got a great deal but if you continue pulling parts off the engine like you have been without reading the fsm you are going to cost yourself thousands.

Another note about these cars/engines: they reject non Toyota parts faster than you can unpack them from the amazon prime box. Buy Toyota parts ONLY

I used to think that was a BS statement until I tried it myself. Now that I've figured out where to buy Toyota parts, I can get them for near equivalent pricing than that of the aftermarket places and my son WORKS at O'Reilly. My LC only gets Toyota parts now, even in spite of some of the folks that say we're trying to be purists. That's not the case. Just following what WORKS.

The TPS was out of adjustment. Before I started the steps in the FSM I loosened the 2 screws on the TPS and turned it while the engine was trying to run and she sprang back to life.
Thanks for all the help and tips. Im sure ill screw up something else soon and be back.

Well im back to square one. I took the battery out to put the battery box back in. Re connected the battery and cranked it over to test drive and it wouldnt even idle. IT STARTS BUT immediately dies. Doesnt even try to run like it was doing. I have spent the last 4 days going through the FSM and trouble shooting section. I adjusted the TPS as per the FSM. I checked the IAC and VAFM per FSM. They all check out good. I just dont understand. Only thing I can think of is the Fram fuel filter I put on is no good or somehow replacing the belts messed something up. Just dont see how either of those could be the issue. Im out of ideas and completely frustrated. I jumped TE1 and E1 on OBD1 to see if I could get any codes. Nothing. Turned key and CEL came on but did not flash.

I tested the fuel pump resistor per FSM. tested good. Disconnected the fuel line from fuel pressure regulator and had someone turn it over. Pumped fuel for about 2 seconds and quit. About as long as it idles for while connected. Also hearing 2 clicks from the area of the fuel pump relay when the key is turned to acc.

Well im back to square one. I took the battery out to put the battery box back in. Re connected the battery and cranked it over to test drive and it wouldnt even idle. IT STARTS BUT immediately dies. Doesnt even try to run like it was doing. I have spent the last 4 days going through the FSM and trouble shooting section. I adjusted the TPS as per the FSM. I checked the IAC and VAFM per FSM. They all check out good. I just dont understand. Only thing I can think of is the Fram fuel filter I put on is no good or somehow replacing the belts messed something up. Just dont see how either of those could be the issue. Im out of ideas and completely frustrated. I jumped TE1 and E1 on OBD1 to see if I could get any codes. Nothing. Turned key and CEL came on but did not flash.

Does it run enough to DRIVE it?

Part of what you're experiencing is the computer re-learning. It has to have something like 30 start / off cycles to set the parameters. Starting it once and driving 300 miles still only counts as one. Many short trips will set the parameters faster.

Have you checked the harness behind the EGR valve near #6? Is it melted? I don't recall if you already did this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom