93 1fz Japanese Import EGT Sensor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I just imported a 93 Land Cruiser and Im looking to fab up a new exhaust system (cat flanges are rotted out) While looking it over to make a parts list I noticed what looks to be two egt sensors after the cats but cant find any info or replacement parts. They appear to be a two bolt style similar to the o2 sensors and are in pretty bad shape. I dont think i'll be able to salvage them if removed. Does anyone know if they are a jdm only sensor?

What engine? The 1fz-Fe 93 has both O2’s behind the cats. That’s it.

What market was your rig originally built for? Makes a difference for assorted bits and pieces.

Gee, I was thinking they were ahead of the cats.

What market was your rig originally built for? Makes a difference for assorted bits and pieces.

Gee, I was thinking they were ahead of the cats.

You're right they are ahead of the cats.

the truck is Japanese market. It also has both o2 sensors in the normal location before the cats. They definitely appear to be oem sensors. I will take a picture and post it shortly thanks for all the input so far

Are you sure it isn't/wasn't for an aftermarket gauge? I can't think of any place an EGT sensor would go. No place on the dash for it and no need in the ECU.

the truck is Japanese market. It also has both o2 sensors in the normal location before the cats. They definitely appear to be oem sensors. I will take a picture and post it shortly thanks for all the input so far

definitely not aftermarket and now that you say that I believe I saw what i believe to be an exhaust temp warning light in the cluster. I will check later today and send pictures

35EB2436-DEC0-44D5-A6F4-854F61F9F8DE.jpeg
Here’s a picture of the truck. I’ll post pictures of the sensors later

2D47EBBA-B6BC-4F73-8866-6B2D0160162A.jpeg
B77DB9AB-B807-4519-ABBB-A3E9164E9BB6.jpeg
Looks like a factory cat temp warning light. Does anyone know if these send a signal to the ecu or just the cluster. I wouldn’t mind bypassing them with a resistor if possible

Have seen those on other early Toyotas, but never on an '80, must be a Japan thing? What happens when they are unplugged?

Last edited:
@pwinkowski did you figure this out, have exactly the same on my FZJ80, 2 x O2 sensors in-front and 2 temperature sensors behind the CAT?
Me too. I have a jdm fzj and the previous owner unhooked the temp sensors from the exhaust and left them dangling. I’m wondering if it has any effect at all on the vehicle. Did you ever figure it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom