92 with more power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 92 seems to have more power when it's around 20 degrees outside. Not sure why but it sure does run great right now here in Minneapolis.

Brian

colder denser air..........kinda like whats between my ears :flipoff2:

also when foggy a 3fe really hauls butt :D

Just my amature .02, but normally aspirated engines typically loose some power as air becomes less dense, i.e. higher altitudes. Cold air is denser than warm air. You have more air for a given volume in the cylinders and hense increasing the amount combustion, I would think slightly.

R2

It is what intercooler's do... Make the air coming into your engine colder and therefore more denser and more power. Only wish i had one though...

have to....

3FE Powa!!

[quote author=Sammy Jenkins link=board=2;threadid=11265;start=msg102259#msg102259 date=1076379903]
It is what intercooler's do... Make the air coming into your engine colder and therefore more denser and more power. Only wish i had one though...
[/quote]

However intercoolers are only good for forced induction. They help to cool the air after it has been compressed. Remember compressing air heats it up. (lets hear it for my technical terms :p )

My 92 really likes sea level aw shucks I am not quite at sea level I am probably at 300' at my house and pass about 800' on the way to work.
oh and 3FE Power!!!
had to
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom