92 landcruiser sludge issues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think there are two one in front and one in back but i dont really remember

Last edited:
I run a quart of diesel fuel through my engine for a week right before I change the oil every time
I though I was the only one who did that.

20170121_170308.jpg

I found out where the leak is from ,my nightmare has been confirm . It's leaking antifreeze from the intake valve seat . I wondering how would It get a crack right around the valve seat area in a perfect one fourth area . The pic shows a coolant rig forming a quarter radius around the seat . I'm puzzle ,not understanding why it would crack so acurate around the seat . I need to know if there's any other way . At this point I'm committed into removing the head . I'm sure the block is in good shape ,but who know . Any input on this before the head gets swap ? I had a bad feeling this was the outcome but I don't see how coolant will travel that close to the intake valve and not leaking into the cylinder .

Like I said pull that head off completely go over it do it right the first time

Make sure you only go a Toyota head gasket don't go with a Fel-Pro
Is felpro not as good ? I use felpro in high hp honda with no problem ,but that's with steel hg . I took all the rockers and pushrod out already ,but one of the rocker bolt that has the nut didn't want to come out . I did manage to get the nut off and the bolt stayed in. I was wondering if I can use a vice grip on it . I wondering how hard is to remove the 3fe head. I have remove at least 50 honda dohc vetec motors head in my days turning wrench ,so that's pretty simple when I can remember all the step . I supposed everything to the right of the motor has to come out and power steering pump. I'm still confuse how in the world is there a leak on the intake valve seat . The truck never overheated and just under 120k miles . I'm getting ready for a big project on this truck . If it wasn't a Lc I would of scrap the damn thing but evey one saying that's a great truck and very hard to come by .

Is felpro not as good ? I use felpro in high hp honda with no problem ,but that's with steel hg . I took all the rockers and pushrod out already ,but one of the rocker bolt that has the nut didn't want to come out . I did manage to get the nut off and the bolt stayed in. I was wondering if I can use a vice grip on it . I wondering how hard is to remove the 3fe head. I have remove at least 50 honda dohc vetec motors head in my days turning wrench ,so that's pretty simple when I can remember all the step . I supposed everything to the right of the motor has to come out and power steering pump. I'm still confuse how in the world is there a leak on the intake valve seat . The truck never overheated and just under 120k miles . I'm getting ready for a big project on this truck . If it wasn't a Lc I would of scrap the damn thing but evey one saying that's a great truck and very hard to come by .
Most people just go with a Toyota head gasket I think the Toyota is a thicker gasket than the fel pro you would probably be okay with a Fel-Pro I went OEM I wanted to make sure I did it only once

I realized the steering pump has to come off along with the alternator ac compressor . I'm getting stuck on the big flex pipe that comes from the exhaust manifold to a valve that's mounted to the back of the intake Manifold. It's a huge nut on a flexible pipe maybe a 24 or 26 . It won't move a bit when I try to loosen it. Any real steps to removing all the necessary things to get the head off. I see a bunch of post about removing head ,replacing hg but no one never mention what has to be remove to take off the head. I see some of the owner just remove the intake manifold and push it aside and then remove the exhaust manifold and push aside also. How about the radiator and fan clutch ,do they come out ? This is why I hate taking things off the first time . I manage to break some bolts off the thermostat housing ,so now extra work is in consider . I'm hoping I don't break anymore bolts on aluminium housing .

No you dont have to take out the radiator but you should take off the fan and clutch to avoid damage and to give you more room to pull the head off its pretty heavy sorry i dont remember the procedure but mine was not to hard to take off once you have the intake off everything else is easy

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom