1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Fj80 t-case popping out of gear...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by lowtideride, Aug 17, 2006.

1. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    Twice this happened on the trail. The first time it happend it was nothing major but the second time was under load in low range, it popped out while attempting a ledge at the top of a hill. The truck flew back and almost destroyed the hatch and tail gate on a tree.

Is there a reason for this? much like the Orions problem?

I am hoping it is just linkage out of adjustment. If worse comes to worse I have a spare case I can throw in. But I would much like to get to the bottom of this since it is rather dangerous on the trail.

thanks,
    -Al:beer:

2. CJF

CJF

Seem to recall folks saying the first thing to look for is gunk built up under the boot preventing the shifter from going all the way into gear. It'd be nice if that's all it is, huh?

Good luck,

Curtis

3. patpend2000

patpend2000

If you find a solution, please post it up, my 91 does this also.

4. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:

I will check for gunk, but its a super clean truck. I think I might try adjusting the linkage to see if it fixs the problem.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">