92 FJ80 Power Steering pump suppliers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been a while since I've been on here. (No need, the truck runs fine...) But I'm finally at a point where I think I need to replace my power steering pump. The bearing is starting to wear. And while I'm in there, the steering gear box leaks a lot, the hoses are pretty bad, I'm just going to do the whole thing.
Where is the best place to get a power steering pump? If I remember some old discussions, the standard auto parts store replacements aren't up to the same Toyota quality.
I picked up new hoses and a gear box from RockAuto. Any experiences good or bad with those?
Located in Nor Cal if it matters.

Hi, I just got a kit and rebuilt it myself from Toyota. Mike

Rebuilding the power steering pump is most cost effective and is not that hard to do (Toyota or Gates work fine). My rebuild didn't solve the problem so I ended up getting a refurbished one from Autozone with limited lifetime warranty (Endurance Power).

I am interested in this as well. I have so many other things to finish on my rig that I want to buy a good after market pump instead of rebuilding. Hopefully some recommendations come through

I picked up one off ebay for 75 bucks. It was DOA. Knocked like a broken crank would. They replaced it and it works well but it is much nosier than it should be. Given what a PITA these are to replace, don't cheap out like I did. I'll be back into it with a year I'm betting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom